Rhythm heals

Playing drums was never a release for me from anger or other negative emotions.

I play the drums because I love them and I feel truly myself while I am doing it There are times when I feel as if I have touched some of the glory, love and light of the world while doing it. Not trying to sound cheesy or anything but it becomes transcendent for me. Doesn't matter if I'm playing 2 and 4 or groups of 17 phrased as paradiddles across 4 toms.

If I approached the drums while pissed off, I would play pissed off and never reach that place. I don't like doing it and I don't unless I have a gig or other commitment in which case you suck it up and go out and kick ass anyway.

For me, I never wanted to bring that negative vibe into my drumming world. I would just chill out, take a walk or something and get behind the kit when I was feeling better.

Rhythm heals? I guess. But why wouldn't melody or harmony heal as well?

Our immune systems will produce more disease fighting cells when exposed to a 3/4-waltz beat.

This sounds like a large crock of ****. Like, a really big one. Hippo or large elephant.

At any rate, I've always, always used music to make me feel better. It's like a good hike, beautiful sunrise, or inspiring artwork. Lifted spirits have been shown to affect physical well-being, and even injury healing.

Back