Posting on multiple drum forums- what's your opinion?

I only post here. I've been participating in music discussion forums pretty much since Al Gore invented the internet. I joined a now-defunct forum called Jazz Central Station in the mid-90s. I still occasionally participate in a couple of other music-related forums but it's pretty rare. As for drumming, this is the only place I talk shop with drummers.

My biggest challenge here is tempering the content of what I say and the words I choose. The other forums I've been active on are less family-oriented and it's okay to cuss and act like a jackhole. I enjoy speaking frankly and the occasional hostility that goes along with it. That's more my comfort zone and it takes a lot for me to hold that back on this site sometimes. But there's no place close for drumming-related discussion and the contributions from world-class pro drummers is unmatched.

This is the place.

Lol touche! You're right why bother? I have to try at least lol

If someone wants to post on multiple forums that fine with me. Myself, this is the place I come to read what others have to say about all things drumming and to reply when I can
or ask questions. I find I temper the way I speak a bit more here but in general appreciate
the overall civility of the site and thoughtful, considered questions and responses.

I belong to two other drum forums, The Tama Forum and the Gearslutz forum which has a small sub forum having to do with drums. I joined the Tama forum about the same time I joined this. 95% of my posting is done here with absolutely no duplicates between the other two. The Gearslutz forum is predominantly audio oriented. I wish I had more time to be active on all three, but it just won't happen right now. TheTama forum is a bit slow lately, but I still have a good friend working there that helped significantly when I was purchasing my Tama Starclassic Bubinga drums over four years ago.

I belonged to a few other drum forums many years ago, but they failed miserably compared to Drummerworld.

Dennis

Member of cymbalholic and vintage drum forum. Basically because both are pretty specific and can be a little more in depth at covering certain ground. Only tend to visit when I'm searching for something specific and seldom post (and admittedly, who the hell needs an entire vintage drum forum when we've got Steve B here on DW?) Single post count figures on both forums, which given the multitude I have here, leaves very little room for "cross posting."

Different people on different forums. Don't see an issue.
Apologies Xero- I should have clarified in my OP that I was actually referring to the exact same person posting the exact same material across forums in an effort to increase exposure.

I really like the people here. To know that, even though we don't share the same experiences, we share the same Experience. It's inspiring to come here. The stories are great and all over the map, and the overall attitude is very helpful and positive. It's awesome.

I don't belong to any other drum forums. I don't know why, but maybe it's because I've found what I'm looking for here.

So, to answer the OP's original question: it doesn't bother me at all when people post to multiple drum forums, as I wouldn't know it if I saw it.

Apologies Xero- I should have clarified in my OP that I was actually referring to the exact same person posting the exact same material across forums in an effort to increase exposure.

I am a member of three forums. I occasionally do this because I have information or a question I want to get out to as many people as possible. I am only on three forums. (How does one have time to read eleven forums? I can barely cover three!) They are very different and have very different activity. This one is the most active of the three. I don't see a problem. I hate posters who trash others on one or dozens of forums. (Oops, I just trashed a fictitious, anonymous poster, my bad.)

I post on three forums right now. this one is the most diverse ive been on though. theres more people here, and more people that play different styles. i also belong to drumchat and learngospelmusic.com, but hardly anyone posts on that forum. Drumchat was the first forum i joined and have no complaints there. But i needed a forum where there was a bigger variety of players playing different genres of music. On drumchat most of the drummers are rock or metal drummers. I've also looked at the pearl drummer forum but wasn't interested in keeping up with it.

Maybe it's because I never joined up/signed in? I just get ebay cymbal listings with about 1,800 posts, and ebay drum listings with about 1,200 posts.

Maybe ebay listings are enough when you're a 'cymbalholic' - ha ha.

Strange.

Maybe it's because I never joined up/signed in? I just get ebay cymbal listings with about 1,800 posts, and ebay drum listings with about 1,200 posts.

Maybe ebay listings are enough when you're a 'cymbalholic' - ha ha.

Strange.

Seems to me that if you're not a member Cymbalholic only lets you access the eBay Listings.

I was on another site before but gravitated here. The other one became too "nice" and I wasn't learning enough. This one gets a good balance of controversy, edge and camaraderie. And where would we be without Steve B on vintage drums.

I have tried dipping my toes into a couple of forums, but I agree with the general sentiment of the thread. That is that DW has the best combination of active contributors/interesting material.

Recently I have been back at school pursuing my masters, so my free time has gotten increasingly scarce. That being said, I always love to come and check in on the conversation and see how you all are doing.

I have tried dipping my toes into a couple of forums, but I agree with the general sentiment of the thread. That is that DW has the best combination of active contributors/interesting material.

Recently I have been back at school pursuing my masters, so my free time has gotten increasingly scarce. That being said, I always love to come and check in on the conversation and see how you all are doing.

Hi Andrew... Was wondering why you've been missing... Good to know all is OK.

Back