The Brush Master: Clayton Cameron

this is amazing

thank you for posting

Clayton is a true master

I saw Clayton live in person once. He was beyond unreal. He could do things with bushes I've still never seen anyone else do.

Ludwig posted this on their Facebook page last week and I shared it with all my friends. This video has appeal even for non-drummers. Clayton is so musical. The legacy of great brushwork that Vernel and Ed left behind is in great hands with Clayton.

this dude is a cool cat. he does pretty much the same routine on the "live at PAS" video. i believe its still not released on dvd. if you can find it-get it.

back when my old job did the ludwig drum expo in the 90's, he did a clinic on year. he was not only humble but he blew everyone away. even all the rockers in hollywood were impressed.

he was so humble, that we noticed his ludwig hdwr was well used and beat up, and he didn't even ask for new hdwr. of course ludwig gave him new hdwr.

Masterful player and a really nice guy. He dropped in to a drum shop I worked at in Toronto many years ago. Didn't announce his presence or anything, but a couple of us recognised him and got him talking. Next thing, I got a free impromptu 30-minute brush lesson in the store. Great cat.

I admire him. I don't think I could both entertain and educate an audience for ten straight minutes with a snare drum.

In the video Clayton tells the story of Dee Dee Chandler and how he created a makeshift pedal for the bass drum. Does anyone know where this story can be found..?

Back