Drummer on Peter Gabriel's "I have the touch" Phenomenon soundtrack anyone know??

gweinst

Hi all,

If you have heard the soundtrack from the movie (starring John Travolta) called Phenomenon, you would have heard this song - a remix of Peter Gabriel's "I have the touch". The drumming is very tasteful, open and percussive and I would like to know who the drummer is on this particular track.

Whilst PG has played with some fantastic drummers including Manu Katche, Jerry Marotta, Nick D'Virgilio - it doesn't sound like this particular track was played by any of those guys...?

Does anyone out there know who the drummer is?

Look forward to your replies,

Cheers
GW

Re: Drummer on Peter Gabriel's "I have the touch" Phenomenon soundtrack anyone know?

Back in the days when we bought albums and they often shipped with copious liner notes, I remember reading this one repeatedly. It' s been a long time and I could be wrong, but I recall Jerry Marotta getting the credit for all tracks. For my money, this track sounds a lot like him on top of Linn and Fairlight tracks.

Re: Drummer on Peter Gabriel's "I have the touch" Phenomenon soundtrack anyone know?

Here's the line-up on the Security album. Simon Phillips gets credit. Don't know if its the same for the soundtrack...

Musicians
Peter Gabriel – vocals, keyboards
Tony Levin – bass
David Rhodes – guitar
Jerry Marotta – drums, percussion
Larry Fast – synthesizers

Additional personnel
John Ellis – bass vocals on tracks 1, 3, 8, guitar on tracks 2, 4
Roberto Laneri – treated saxophone on track 4
Morris Pert – timbales on track 6, percussion on track 8
Stephen Paine – Fairlight CMI on track 4
David Lord – synthesizers on tracks 6, 7, piano on tracks 7, 8