acrylic wood hybrid (3rd post)

Ok....I've made several posts...ignore those. All I need is info on routing acrylic and wood to make the joint to make them a hybrid...that's it. Nothing else.

Thanks ..

Ok....I've made several posts...ignore those. All I need is info on routing acrylic and wood to make the joint to make them a hybrid...that's it. Nothing else.

Thanks ..
With respect, this is getting tiresome. You're bombarding me with PMs, & I don't appreciate that. Cutting a rebate in a cylinder using a spindle moulder & ring fence is standard joinery stuff. Google that, & take it from there. Failing that, contact a joinery shop. My speciality is crafting fine sounding instruments, not making movie themed props.

Try contacting the guys on Ghostnote forum about specific build instructions. I don't have the time to give detailed step by step instructions on joinery techniques. They'll tolerate your multiple post attitude for about 10 seconds. Just because you don't get precisely the answer you want, doesn't mean you should start new threads all the time.

Apologies...cheers...god bless...
With respect, this is getting tiresome. You're bombarding me with PMs, & I don't appreciate that. Cutting a rebate in a cylinder using a spindle moulder & ring fence is standard joinery stuff. Google that, & take it from there. Failing that, contact a joinery shop. My speciality is crafting fine sounding instruments, not making movie themed props.

Try contacting the guys on Ghostnote forum about specific build instructions. I don't have the time to give detailed step by step instructions on joinery techniques. They'll tolerate your multiple post attitude for about 10 seconds. Just because you don't get precisely the answer you want, doesn't mean you should start new threads all the time.

22x20. Sith Lord bass drum red and black
14x7 snare bona fett red and green
16x16. Commander Cody floor Tom white and orange
14x16 mace windy gold and purple
13x9 jango fett rack Tom silver and navy
12x8 Chewbacca rack Tom brown black
multi dual color exotic wood veneer
mutil dual color carbon fiber veneer
Multi dual gloss glitter hardware
Dual multi exotic Wood claw hoops
Dual multi exotic re rings
Off set lugs
Dual multi* color Centric lugs
Dual multi colored gaskets
Dual multi cinolored claws
Dual vents around each lug
Aurabesh color hoops
Gauger resonant system
Carbon fiber inner hoop
Frosted glitter etched multi acrylic
Dual Multi colored lED
Dual star wars custom wrap
Extended bass hoop
Carbon block 10
Custom* kickport hole
Multi colored smoked etched glitter acrylic
Custom badges 80
Etched drum heads
Dual colored tension rods
Dual colored nylon sleeves20
Custom bass hoop writing
bass drum anchor 20
bass ornament 10
dual colored tape
double 45 bearing edges

Saluda 18 crash crashride and ride
20 crash crashride and ride
14 hats

9709 4 boom stands
9706 ultra adjust snare stand
Ultra adjust hi hat stand
G class double pedal
6711 series dual Tom stand
GL arm
Gibraltar HiHat clutch
9611 series throne
Puresound super30 snare wires
Pro mark carbon fiber signature 6A stix
14 clear Ec snare batter
14 300 hazy snare side
22 custom In September Bass logo 50
22 Clear EMAD
12 13 14 16 ec1 clear batter heads
12 13 14 16 ec2 clear reso heads
double clear drum patch 10

eq pad 15
Puresound super30 snare wires 19
Pro mark carbon fiber signature 6A stix 25
Cymbad Maroon chromatic pads 10

Tight screws tension rods
Moongel dampener 15
Nomo finish cleaner 30
Kick port maroon volume system 200
Trick throw off
Kell shu bass system 60
cymgaurd 30
flex tips 60
slug power beaters
Reactors bass light
Advanced ears custom IEM

Sent from my LG G3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Final step...if worst comes to worst I'll pay one of you guys for your services....

That's not the point. Firstly, I highly doubt anybody here is willing to take you on as a customer based on your conduct here - secondly it makes me angry to know people waste that kind of money on projects because of their own stupidity and lack of research.

You wouldn't build a house without knowing how to lay a few bricks, would you?

Making a drum kit is about fun and unique ways to express creativity...I should be hated because of the annoyance of the many posts...not me being unaware of something...
That's not the point. Firstly, I highly doubt anybody here is willing to take you on as a customer based on your conduct here - secondly it makes me angry to know people waste that kind of money on projects because of their own stupidity and lack of research.

And btw I'm 21 and have OCD and guess what..Autism to ! (Not that you give a shit)I can be eccentric and dis reach out in an innapropriate way..but I turned to wiser drummer and drum makers for knowledge I didn't have and would be grateful...does that nullify some of the hatred ?

Ok, I'll spell it out to try and help you.

When you join a forum and you have a specific question it helps to have some idea of what you're asking. You have to provide as much information as possible to the other people so that they can help you in the best possible way.

If nobody replies to your thread, you have to leave it at that. If somebody does reply, respectfully reply back in the thread. Private messages are for private things, like chatting with your friends about things outside of drums or for making business transactions that you don't want the rest of the World to see.

If you are making a kit, it really helps to have a very clear plan of what you need to do to make it work. You can ask one or two questions here and there - nobody has a problem with that - but it helps to keep it in one thread or people get annoyed. If you have a totally different question, you can start a new thread or (even better) ask it in an old thread that is related to what you want to know.

Nowadays, a lot of things are available for free online. Resources that will teach you the skills you need to know. It's almost always better to try and teach yourself first before asking people on a forum. If you've tried to teach yourself and become stuck then it's ok to ask on a forum if you need clarification on something.

Does that help?

I apologize for the way I treated the form. I will be less of an irritant next time I need info. Sorry
Guess what? I have a brother that is autistic and I work in mental health. I'm also 26 and like long walks on the beach and the work of Yukio Mishima...

There's no 'hatred' here, just irritation.

This seems as good a time as any to state how much I miss Arky, he wouldn't have stood for this nonsense.
All you need to is send me a PM and it would have been taken care of. Andy I apologize for the PM abuse.
As long as you answer and argue and give these types an audience the abuse will continue.
This kind of non-sense from a 21 year old is ridiculous.

I sympathize with the challenge of trying to do something interesting for the first time, and can only offer the following advice.

1: Buy three $10 9-ply poplar used toms from eBay or goodwill or somewhere.
2: Experiment till you either get-it, or don't.

If it's just the look you're going for.

1: Order some acrylic drums in the desired sizes.
2: Order wood-grain wraps from bumwrap
3: Get a scissor and box knife.
4: Faux Hybrid!

Back