Heart on Palladium TV

F

fusssion

All,...
Saw Heart last night on Palladium TV (HD channel from Comcast) doing their Dreamboat Annie album ...pretty cool stuff. Ben Smith (Pearl artist) plays for Heart now, and I must say, ....his kit sounded HOOOORRRRRRIIIIBLLLEEEEEEE!!!!!! Like cardboard boxes.

Has anyone seen this show? The sound on the drums was horrific!

Look at this video, from 3:26 to 3:40 is a clip from the concert I'm referring to, just in time for a nice fill in "Magic Man" that sounds just like absolute crap!! Thoughts??

Pearl MMP Master Series ?!? YUK! (that's what is says he's using on Pearl's website)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7zty9VahQw

Last edited:
I have seen that a few tmes now but never paid attention to the drums. Shame on me huh?

I have seen that a few tmes now but never paid attention to the drums. Shame on me huh?

G'sdad, ... with all due respect......and I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how CAN'T you notice ?!?! Being a drummer? Oh man, it's so bad ......yes, ...sorry,....shame on you!! Now,....go....go to your room! :)

I just saw some of it yesterday and have to admit the drums did not sound very good. I thought maybe that was just me, but obviously not. He also missed a few really good, noticeable drum parts in a few songs that should have been nailed. Other than that, I thought it was a solid performance. The one incident that really stood out to me was during one song--I forget which--Ann Wilson, the singer--approached the mic stand and knocked it over, looked at it on the floor, then looked at her sister as if to say "I can't reach that", or "I can't bend over that far", all the while still singing! Then, everyone on the stage got the gag and tried to keep from making too big a deal of it. Had she bent over to retrieve the mic stand she probably would have sounded like Benny Hill during one of his sketches. Sadly, I didn't watch past the end of the song to see what happened to the mic stand...probably some poor roadie had to run out there to correct it. Funny stuff.

I just saw some of it yesterday and have to admit the drums did not sound very good. I thought maybe that was just me, but obviously not. He also missed a few really good, noticeable drum parts in a few songs that should have been nailed. Other than that, I thought it was a solid performance.

Whew,..I'm glad someone else saw it/noticed it!

Yes, ...nothing against what he was DOING,...it just sounded terrible. I also agree that he wasn't doing the songs "as recorded" ala` Michael Derosier, but, ...maybe that's what was told to him, ..."do YOUR thing" and what feels like a good fill for YOU ....who knows....regardless....

Glad someone else noticed :)

They still sing great, but the fire in the rest of the band isn't there.

I've seen a few performances by him w/Heart, & whatever you think, double it for me.
Ben Smith is no Michael Derosier and that's all I'll say (because it doesn't deserve any more than that).

They must like what he does because he's been there a while so what do I know?

Back