Drum and Recording Help

BrasilianDrumm3r

So I love drums, and have been playing for a while now. I've wanted to do covers as well as full band covers, but my editing skills need work. So i'm asking that you would please pay my cover a view then come back or on the video leave some constructive criticism. In the future if i can clean up the editing skills and if my band covers do good, then hopefully ill be able to start a band, so I ask again for your help. Also drumming tips and just anything drums you want to share would be great! Thanks in Advance!

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StrbBUmQWg

So I love drums, and have been playing for a while now. I've wanted to do covers as well as full band covers, but my editing skills need work. So i'm asking that you would please pay my cover a view then come back or on the video leave some constructive criticism. In the future if i can clean up the editing skills and if my band covers do good, then hopefully ill be able to start a band, so I ask again for your help. Also drumming tips and just anything drums you want to share would be great! Thanks in Advance!

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StrbBUmQWg

Video wise, not too bad, although I think a tripod would be good so that camera could be higher up (a little over head height looking down at the kit seems to be the most widely used position for this kind of thing.

From a technique standpoint, I would strongly suggest re-adjusting how you have your hit-hat and snare positioned. This will fix some issues that you seem to have with your stick control and also in general just getting around the kit.

You should raise up your snare quite a bit, so that it sits at or just below your belt buckle. Your floor tom should be about the same height or a little lower, but certainly not below you knees. This should get you to raise your hi-hat up to at least elbow height when you are sitting down.

This whole readjustment will keep you from slouching down to play, so that you are sitting with your back straight and your arms at a comfortable height with your elbows bent at about a 90 degree angle.

The toms, ride, and crash seem to be at good heights for you, and when you bring the snare and hi-hat up you will find that reaching for your left side crash from your hi-hat feels much more natural.

Back