some Chris Dave love?

This guy is a visionary. Not only absolutely masterful but ground-breakingly original.

Absolute total respect for Chis Daddy.

I only know a handful of videos with him playing (in a mini band context).

So... YES - some Chris Dave love here!! Outstanding drummer to say the least.

This guy is one sick puppy. I think drummers like him and Mark Guiliana, and Justin Falkner should be put in glass jars and sent to Bell Labs to be studied and researched.

This is the new jazz, folks and it sounds like hip hop, no it is hip hop..no wait its....

PS: That bass drum jitter at 2:56 can put to shame a lot of our double pedal BPM warriors around here.

Last edited:
Man I love that guys playing.
He's in second in my top "list" (no one is above Brian Blade to me haha).

Anyways, I think his playing really shines with Robert Glasper.
Here is a great concert I watched the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kScYtiy4PEs

I get you man, Brian Blade and Ari Hoenig are constantly battling for my top spot jaja, I think Brian wins on most days, his playing connects with me on such a visceral, emotional level.

I have been a fan for a while now. I saw D'Angelo on the BET awards and I was like who is playing drums. It was Daddy and man he was killing it. I started doing my research and whow!! Inspiration for me for sure. Totally has his own thing going on and he is just killing it.

Man I could listen to this all day long, Chris Dave is amazing.

This clip is going into my wake up playlist!

I love his playing and his performance. I can't explain it, its like you can see him channeling the rhythms but he isn't at all boring to watch.

First heard him play with Erykah Badu and been hooked ever since!

He's crazy good. And he's doing something completely different with the drums. Reminds me of when the early rappers started scratching turntables, doing something with them that they were never intended to be used for. That's how Chris Dave approaches the drums.

But yeah, his jazz stuff with Glasper is fantastic, too. Reminds me a little of Roy's work with Chick and on ECM.

He's crazy good. And he's doing something completely different with the drums. Reminds me of when the early rappers started scratching turntables, doing something with them that they were never intended to be used for. That's how Chris Dave approaches the drums.

But yeah, his jazz stuff with Glasper is fantastic, too. Reminds me a little of Roy's work with Chick and on ECM.

I thought the very same thing

Roy indeed

Back