Newbie with new (to me) Pearl Export set

Warlok

Hello. I just signed up and figured I'd say hi. I live in AZ, long time home and garage guitar player. I build jet engines for a living and build anything I can get my hands on as a hobby.
Just picked up a late 80's-mid 90's (not sure what year) Pearl Export set. I can't leave anything alone so I have all new heads coming today. Evans G2 clear batter, G1 clear resources, Aquarian SK I, already has a new regulator on front. Grabbed some e-rings and moongel just in case. The snare is a SP chrome 14x6 and has new Remo Ambassadors. Sounds good as is. Some cheap Zildjian and Sabians finish it off. Hopefully have it all back together tomorrow and attempt to tune.. Good chance I'll have some questions.. Soooooo... hi..

Welcome! Post some pictures and ask as much as you want!

Sounds like a good start.
I saw Canned Heat when they came to town last year. Adolfo "Fito" de la Parra was the drummer. He was using a Pearl Export drum set. It sounded pretty good to me.

Hey I live in Arizona too. If you practice loud enough I might be able to hear it.........

Awesome, welcome.

Are they the ones with the 3 piece long lugs? Those are the quintessential version of the Export to me. If I bought an Export I'd want one of those.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Sounds like a good start.
I saw Canned Heat when they came to town last year. Adolfo "Fito" de la Parra was the drummer. He was using a Pearl Export drum set. It sounded pretty good to me.

Hey I live in Arizona too. If you practice loud enough I might be able to hear it.........

I'll hit em hard. Let me know how it sounds.. lol
Awesome, welcome.

Are they the ones with the 3 piece long lugs? Those are the quintessential version of the Export to me. If I bought an Export I'd want one of those.

Enjoy!
Yes sir. I love the look of these lugs too.
I'll post pics when I get them back together tomorrow. I'm gonna post a thread with some questions. I'll take any help and hopefully I can help someone else as well.

Back