3 rides, 1 crash.

I dunno, Giant Beats do pretty well at both for me.

If you're heavy handed the GB's will wash out - but if I'm going for ping I aim for the bell and viola! Cutting Ping till the cows come home.

the 20" Giant beat is an amazing cymbal whether you crash it, ride it or crash-ride it..
it delivers. Everything about this cymbal is awesome.

I would go as far to say if there is any cymbal out there that would make you a believer in multi function cymbals it's the 20" giant beat.

I've never tried the multiple ride set-up. I've seen it with Carter Beauford, Steve Smith, Paul Wertico and I'm sure I'm missing a lot of players, but I've always wanted to try it. Always wanted to set-up a flat ride on the kit but just can't figure out where to put her. But anyway, multiple rides, seems like a fun kit to play on, just like the kit that has more than 2 pairs of hi-hats!!!!

I've never tried the multiple ride set-up. I've seen it with Carter Beauford, Steve Smith, Paul Wertico and I'm sure I'm missing a lot of players, but I've always wanted to try it. Always wanted to set-up a flat ride on the kit but just can't figure out where to put her. But anyway, multiple rides, seems like a fun kit to play on, just like the kit that has more than 2 pairs of hi-hats!!!!

Since it's a flat ride, you can tuck it directly below the main ride. That's also assuming if your main ride is next to your middle tom (on a two up two down or two up one down kit). Have it stick out just enough so that you can ride it and not have it interfere with the "main" ride. It's my perfect place for a flat ride, and I barely use hi-hat time on soft pop or rock ballads since I have that cymbal. Wonderful color. (mine's a Blue Label Formula 602 20")

Another area where you can try it is above your middle tom (in a two up one down config.) You can push it out just enough so that you still can play the tom when you want to, and play the flat ride, and because there's no bell you don't have to extend your arm so far out. It takes a little more time to get used to, and it's ideal if you play more flat ride than "main" ride.

Hope this helps!

I crash my rides and hi-hat my crashes. I run an A series crash with a Paiste Sig crash (both have chunks cracked out of them) and they work great as hats.

But yes I love that set up.

Back