Clive Burr

So sad for any drummer to suffer from M.S.

RIP..Clive

Bonzolead

Attachments

• Iron Maiden w_Clive Burr.jpg
    Iron Maiden w_Clive Burr.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,327
sad day

may he rest easy

I'll be spinning Number of the Beast today in his honor

Oh, that sucks. I was never much of a metal guy, and I wasn't ever much interested in Iron Maiden (at least not on first pass), but that guy's drumming attracted me like no other metal drummer ever had and made me like everything he played on. Such a groove he had. Sad day for sure.

Very sad news. Clive was a great, great player on the early Maiden albums. I spent a lot of my teenage years listening to them and used to sing along at the top of my lungs. Clive, you will be missed - not just for your playing but also your relentless charity work.

I remember as a kid trying to play the verse part to Run to the Hills and my arms getting exhausted by the level of effort I was putting in. I can still see him doing that last drum fill down his toms in the video as well.

Man, I loved that stuff.

Godspeed Clive.

I am very SAD! - Mr. Burr was an oustanding, passionate, powerful drummer with an lowly attitude. His legacy left on Iron Maiden, Killers, Maiden Japan and The Number of The Beast albums are just simply GREAT!!!

Rock In Peace - Clive!!!

Attachments

• Clive_Burr_cdtour09_9449.jpg
    Clive_Burr_cdtour09_9449.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 8,166
I am very SAD! - Mr. Burr was an oustanding, passionate, powerful drummer with an lowly attitude. His legacy left on Iron Maiden, Killers, Maiden Japan and The Number of The Beast albums are just simply GREAT!!!

Rock In Peace - Clive!!!

What do you mean by "lowly attitude"?!

Anyway... loved his paying on the first two Iron Maiden album (which are the only ones I can listen to & enjoy) and it's really sad news.

What do you mean by "lowly attitude"?!

I think that "lowly" is a translation of "humble" or "modest" from Spanish. He's obviously a fan. BTW, I was just telling my son the other day that he shares a birthday with Clive.

Very sad that he suffered through MS; hopefully we will get closer to a cure.

His excellent playing will live on.

-John

Back