Looking for opinions on my final product

DillonBairdWWCV

Hello hello,
The group I'm in has been spreading a new song about the internet and we've been asking for opinions on instrument tone and recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcf6OvUsmS4

I understand some may dislike the music, whatever..

How's everyone feel about the drum sounds? Thank you!

p.s. there are various drum videos in our channel, if you'd like to see some playing! :)

The drums sound excellent. Tight kick with distinguishable notes for faster dbl pedal work. The snare is KILLER! (please share specs on snare). The cymbals are great and the drum track was mixed very, very good. Not sure of the bit rate on Youtube but I can bet my best snare drum the CD is better. All the other instruments are mixed very good for this track. I like the fact that the drums are not in the back. You played a solid track. Overall, this track was the work of NO weekend warrior Engineer. Excellent work! Thanks for sharing.

Can fans of this genre really tell what is being "sung"? I can't get word one.

i actually love it. the guitars arent very thick. everything sounds very scooped which i think is making the whole mix sound a little thin. but yeah the drums sound great. i wouldnt touch them. but i do like the music. im not super fond of the vocalist, but thats just me being picky with my metal vocalists, he is talented, my biggest problems is that you truly cant understand a word he's saying. in a lot of music this style you can at least understand some or most of it. but his vocals are very indistinguishable. but i like the music. i would listen to it in my car for sure. good job

Drums sound pretty good their not the sound that I like but I think you've got them right for this time of music. Their not buried in the mix and in fact their placed nicely.
As for the vocalists I'm kinda glad I can't understand him. Pretty sure I don't want to or need to understand him at all. Doc

Back