A newbie seeking advice!

ElroyBudvis

Hey everyone, I'm brand new to this forum.
Well, I have been playing the bass guitar for over 2 years now, and I've always been interested in the drums. My sister was given an electric Rolan TD-4 set as a gift, but never used it, so I just set it up in my room.

To get to the point, I am seeking advice on how to go about learning to play. I would more than likely be self-taught, as with my bass guitar, and am wondering if there are any tips on how to quickly become a good player. What should I work on and such, and are there any "easy" songs I could play right away?
Thanks all.

First off get a practice pad or just use a pas on your electric it and work on rudiments.
These are the fundamentals of playing and are very important.
You really don't need to play songs right away, you can but they would have to be simple.

And honestly there are no good tips to become a better player except one..................PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE some more

Also thre are lots of drum lessons on YouTube and the internet that will help you

Is there any particular reason you don't want to get with a teacher? Or is this a money issue? Finding a good teacher would get you where you want to go so much quicker and would actually keep you from developing any bad habits that you're bound to accumulate when you're self-taught. It's up to you, but I'd keep that in mind.

Its great to hear Bass players going to the da skins, thats the marrage as im sure you already know. To be great at the drum you must love your bass player, without each other there is an empty groove. Use what you know from that to kick start your new adventure. You must by now already have a good sence of groove and dynamics, and that is half the battle. Now it time to work on endurance, and unlearning your limbs. Now they get to do all kinds of differnt things at the same time as one. GOOD luck young jedi..LOL but all in all no matter how natural one is it is all about dedication to the craft.

Is there any particular reason you don't want to get with a teacher? Or is this a money issue? Finding a good teacher would get you where you want to go so much quicker and would actually keep you from developing any bad habits that you're bound to accumulate when you're self-taught. It's up to you, but I'd keep that in mind.

+1.. a good teacher in the early years (or anytime) of playing is priceless..

Back