Ever had a band practice or jam session with you facing the wall?

Yes. That happened to me one time.............................

In a nightmare!
And I woke up, bop bop bop bop, in a cold sweat, bop bop bop, bam bam, Baaaah!

I bet that's just the way the drums were stored. I prefer my band mates being able to see my ugly mug during practice.

I bet that's just the way the drums were stored. I prefer my band mates being able to see my ugly mug during practice.

I bet they were improvising a kit out of what was there, and didn't have cymbal stands to go around. Notice the half-stand on top of the ply wood?

Look at his cymbal. the post above mine is correct. He is using the table to hold the cymbal.. smart thinking.

I have 3 kits in my basement. The main kit i play my back is to the wall. My ekit faces the wall and so does my small kit....... with the amps and whatnot down there it was just the most economical for space. I have hopped on the kit facing the wall before. I notice it makes it alot harder to hear the bass drum and less boomy.

On stage you guys don't get to face each other the whole time, so sometimes it is good practice to see where you are at.. I have had all the guitar players and singer face away from me before and practice like we are at a show just to try it. Or if we ever record footage of jam.

Experiment, change it up. have fun. although facing a wall all day sounds like a bad time haha

Back