Would You Buy A Magazine With Bass/Drum Transcriptions????

PeartFan

I've been a longtime subscriber to Guitar World magazine (I play drums/guitar/bass) and love how it has guitar AND bass transcriptions of both modern songs and classics, plus interviews, news, and reviews of gear.

I wish a similar magazine existed that featured bass and drum transcriptions (tablature for non-music reading bassists) as it would do several things:

1) Open minds (young and old) to different types of music. Imagine an issue with a current metal song, a jazz classic, and maybe a epic rock song!

2) This could help build stronger rhythm sections in bands with accurately transcribed songs...maybe even lessons on how bassists and drummers work together? How to create solos? The importance of good timing!

3) These kinds of magazines expose people to new artists which helps to sell music, concert tickets, merchandise...I can't begin to tell you how many CD's I purchased because of a song I saw in Guitar World!!!!! The artists also win with sheet music sales.

4) I think this would encourage more drummers to learn to read music, even those who learn by ear could benefit!!!

This is my 2c...I'd love to hear yours!!!!

I personally am not interested in it. There is a lot of information published on internet that I can study.

Back