This Starclassic Performer (Birch) worth the money?

led-x

Hello everyone,

I am really humming and hawing over purchasing this new(used) Tama Starclassic Performer kit (100% birch). It appears to be from the mid 2000's and I have been looking for an upgrade from my early 2000's rockstar kit, something more professional.

This comes with the drums and cymbals shown (yes the one is cracked) and an iron cobra single and double bass. Am I crazy to think this is a good deal?

XFWukQc

h6VTven

48MbqJW

uHbL5KG

You didn't mention how much it is or the size, etc..... that said, it should be easy to google used exact/similar kits to see what they're going for and if this one you're looking at is in the ballpark. If it comes with a crack cymbal I'd place no value on it (the cymbal).

CJ

ETA: any Starclassic kit (birch, B/B, Bubinga, Maple...) is going to be better than a Rockstar kit

any Starclassic kit (birch, B/B, Bubinga, Maple...) is going to be better than a Rockstar kit

As an owner of a Rockstar kit, I 100% agree with this statement.

A friend of mine once told me about a birch Starclassic Performer he'd had that he sold to get something else, and he's always kicked himself for doing it. He said that it was probably the best sounding set of drums he'd ever owned.

I almost bought a set once. I was on the fence between a Starclassic Performer and the Pearl SMX that I ended up buying. The main differences were due to hardware preferences - they were both really nice sounding drum kits. I've never regretted getting the Pearl, but I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't have regretted getting the Tama either.

They are really nice kits - I say that if the price is right, go for it!

I have an all Birch performer kit 2003 model. I like them a lot. I would say they are pretty much a pro kit. I've owned Yamaha BCAN drums before this kit, and I think they are real close in terms of quality and sound, at half the price. I might ruffle some feathers with that statement.

Back