Tapes by Ringo Starr's first band found

News to me. I would love to hear them. They must sound primitive

Completely disargee.I can't get enough of Ringo.Great find!!Factually,one of the most emulated and influential drummers of all time.

Steve B

Is it popcorn time?

I'll have some salty one actually, they go well with a beer.

Does Ringo like popcorn?

Completely disargee.I can't get enough of Ringo.Great find!!Factually,one of the most emulated and influential drummers of all time.

Steve B

I agree. I think the majority of people still only have the image of moptop Ringo shaking his head while playing, and mugging for the camera. If they'd only dig beneath the surface they'd have a different opinion.

Is it popcorn time?

I'll have some salty one actually, they go well with a beer.

Does Ringo like popcorn?

Lol Henri.Had some the other day with salt and a little butter.

I had to put that in there.I've got plenty of ammo saved up for a good informed Ringo argument...er sorry discussion and exchange of ideas.:)

Steve B

Would very much like to hear that!

Though I understand it wasn't really Ringo in Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, it was actually Bernard Purdie. In fact, I have it on good authority that Ringo does not even exist - it was just BP in a skinny suit and mask all along. And still is today. The whole thing was just a Royal Scam.

An outlandish claim, you say? Have you ever seen a picture or video of them together? Mmmm? *spooky music*

Steve B

Nobody believes that's really true, not even you. But this doesn't get discussed much.

Plus, I was speaking about how their manager screwed Rory Storm and the Hurricanes over by not promoting them because he didn't want any competition for The Beatles. Woulda coulda shoulda made a great band.

How unfortunate.

Hi Death.

I completely understand that you have no time for Ringo, that is up to you. Fine.What is confusing is why you would want to post on a thread informing drummers that there is old footage of him available??

Personally If I have no interest in someone or something I ignore the thread. If it was a "Ringo, do you like him or not" thread then fair enough.

Martin, Ringo called and asked you to please lay off him, he can't help who he is. He's doing the best he can. (Not Pete Best)

Personally If I have no interest in someone or something I ignore the thread. If it was a "Ringo, do you like him or not" thread then fair enough.

+1 Can't we all just get along? :)

Nobody believes that's really true, not even you. But this doesn't get discussed much.

Plus, I was speaking about how their manager screwed Rory Storm and the Hurricanes over by not promoting them because he didn't want any competition for The Beatles. Woulda coulda shoulda made a great band.

"Not even me"?I 'm curious as to just what that means.Please explain that one.

And hate the idea as you do,it really is a fact.I would even say that most drummers on the planet,especially pros,reguard Ringos playing as a base line,in composing their own drum parts.Many have said so in interviews...even Vinny,hence the acronym WWRD.Our own Bermuda has said so on occasion.

Why would The Hurricanes manager screw the band over by not promoting them?That would just result in him picking his own pocket,which makes no sense at all.Maybe a pay off from Brian Epstein?Another rock & roll conspiracy theory.?Priceless.:)

Steve B

But I do have an interest. It's not my fault that most people on this board consider my opinions on Ringo heresy and anathema. Outside of this board, my opinions are perfectly mainstream.

I have said before that I think Ringo is a great role model and entertainer, showing how it's possible for someone to be successful and influential and contribute to culture and make a place in history and not destroy themselves with a mindless drug overdose, which happens quite a bit. But that just enrages people even more when I say that.

But I do have an interest. It's not my fault that most people on this board consider my opinions on Ringo heresy and anathema.

No no Martin, we're all fine with your opinion. It's the nagging in every single thread with Ringo in it that creeps us out :p

The relentlessness is reminding me of a certain former forum member and his posting about Neal Peart, just in reverse. It seemed you've ramped up the anti Ringo agenda a lately, which suggests you've been a bit bored with the topics of late, yes?

You know, Ringo was never a major influence for me. Always loved The Beatles's music but I was not very influenced by him. My drumming was more shaped by the famous hard rock and studio drummers of the 70s and 80s. I only started admiring simpler drummers like Ringo and Charlie in middle age.

As for the thread - Rory Storm without Ringo is on YT, which gives us a taste of what these unreleased tapes will be like ... what do you get when Beatles and Animals mate? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYAL-eBfBno

But I do have an interest. It's not my fault that most people on this board consider my opinions on Ringo heresy and anathema. Outside of this board, my opinions are perfectly mainstream.

I have said before that I think Ringo is a great role model and entertainer, showing how it's possible for someone to be successful and influential and contribute to culture and make a place in history and not destroy themselves with a mindless drug overdose, which happens quite a bit. But that just enrages people even more when I say that.

Then why is it unfortunate that more tapes were found of someone who is a great role model, being successful, and influential, and contributing to culture, and making a place in history? That just doesn't make any sense.

No no Martin, we're all fine with your opinion. It's the nagging in every single thread with Ringo in it that creeps us out :p

The relentlessness is reminding me of a certain former forum member and his posting about Neal Peart, just in reverse. It seemed you've ramped up the anti Ringo agenda a lately, which suggests you've been a bit bored with the topics of late, yes?

You know, Ringo was never a major influence for me. Always loved The Beatles's music but I was not very influenced by him. My drumming was more shaped by the famous hard rock and studio drummers of the 70s and 80s. I only started admiring simpler drummers like Ringo and Charlie in middle age.

As for the thread - Rory Storm without Ringo is on YT, which gives us a taste of what these unreleased tapes will be like ... what do you get when Beatles and Animals mate? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYAL-eBfBno

Thank you, I appreciate your interest. I guess it doesn't take much, just a couple of words like "How unfortunate" to set off a ruckus. Let's do a test, just to see if I can contain myself. This will be very difficult for me but I think I can do it. At least for a while anyway.

"I pledge not to comment on the next new thread about Ringo, or any existing virgin Ringo thread, unless I am in complete agreement with the consensus of everyone posting there."

Or, at least, everyone I can see. I have my settings to ignore the immediate poster above me and I rather like that I am oblivious to anything he writes.

Thank you, I appreciate your interest. I guess it doesn't take much, just a couple of words like "How unfortunate" to set off a ruckus.

lol - you're such a sheet-stirrer. You tossed in the hook with zero provocation, got a bite and Voila! we have another of these merry-go-rounds. Sure he's overrated - he's rated so high no one could live up to it, but I still really enjoy his sound, feel and choices.

Wow. Just wow. Great point Mr. Mayor. Too bad it wasn't seen by the intended. Preferring to be ignorant is...wow. Just wow.

Back