Cover Songs.

Redfern

I joined a band a little while ago and things have definately been going great, and since joining ive definately noticed a gigantic leap in my playing, but lately, we all seem to have been noticing weve kind of plateaud on our creative song writing, so, much to their annoyance (they hate he idea of covering), i finally convinced them that maybe we should do a couple of covers as it seems like a legitimate learning technique and it may get the creative juices flowing again after we learn a few new techniques.

The problem is, we dont really know where a good place to start might be, we are a metal band at maybe a little bit past intermediate level but definatley not yet advanced.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some pretty simple metal songs, or a list of songs ranging from simple, to intermediate, to quite complex? Or if there is already a thread about this, could someone post it up? I did have a quick scan.

Cheers! :)

Tom.

Simple: System of a Down, Slipknot, Linkin Park (most of that poppier metal)

Intermediate: Slayer, Pantera (all except the guitar) and Opeth

Advanced: Nile, Decapitated, Dream Theater.

Black Sabbath.

Some of my best memories of playing in bands during high school (I played guitar then) was just jamming to sabbath riffs. We played originals too, but covers are so much fun... Good for you for talking them out of their no-cover-snobbery ;)

Should cover beginner and intermediate.

Black Sabbath.

Some of my best memories of playing in bands during high school (I played guitar then) was just jamming to sabbath riffs. We played originals too, but covers are so much fun... Good for you for talking them out of their no-cover-snobbery ;)

Should cover beginner and intermediate.

Ironman and Paranoid are fairly simple.

Nice! Cheers you lot, i dont know why i didnt think of some system of a down before, i listen to them quite alot too!

I keep thinking to try and cover stuff like machine head and lamb of god but im quite poor at the staggered quick bass rolls that chris adler especially does and theyve turned into a bit of a disaster, i think ill grab a few from the simple to intermediate catagories posted up and start working! :D

Thanks alot, any more suggestions are always very welcome lol

Tom.

Back