Ideas for a drummer-related iPhone App

Goofster

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on an iPhone App for drummers called DrumLibrary. It contains all the rudiments, a bunch of grooves, a metronome etc. it's basically a toolkit for drummers that helps them practice and perform.

I was curious if you guys had any ideas about such an application. I'm looking for ideas, tips, criticism... basically anything that will help me improve it. What helps you practise? Do you use something like a setlist metronome in a gig-situation? or do you think this is just a waste of time? :)

Let me know what you think!

Roel

ps. I realize posting the URL would be considered spamming, so if you want to know what it looks like at the moment, google it.

Storing the tempos for various songs would be a nice feature. I can't say I'd use it in a live situation but for practice it would be cool.

Cool, thanks for the input. I think a list of songtempo's would be a nice feature to add (I always play everything too fast ;)

Hmmm, dunno how to explain this properly....
but maybe some kinda of feature where you can tab out drum parts and it converts it to proper formal notation (with proper note values ect)
not sure its possible, but it would be really cool. and maybe even something that does the reverse....takes properly written notation and simplfies it into tab form?

just a thought!

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on an iPhone App for drummers called DrumLibrary. It contains all the rudiments, a bunch of grooves, a metronome etc. it's basically a toolkit for drummers that helps them practice and perform.

I was curious if you guys had any ideas about such an application. I'm looking for ideas, tips, criticism... basically anything that will help me improve it. What helps you practise? Do you use something like a setlist metronome in a gig-situation? or do you think this is just a waste of time? :)

Let me know what you think!

Roel

ps. I realize posting the URL would be considered spamming, so if you want to know what it looks like at the moment, google it.

I think there is already an App by that name doing something very similar.

EDIT: now I see that you are the designer...

something thats turns the screen of you ipod completly white so you can use it as a flash light at gigs would be a great thing.

I use a boss db-90 in practice and live. Mainly I use the memory function to input the tempos for the set list. It would be alot better if I could save the tempos by song name instead of a number. the main functions I use live are the tap tempo if I need to boost the tempo a little bit, and the mute button for when things get really off, or some songs have ritard endings so I just shut it off. The main reason I use the db-90 is becuase I can use the headphones for my in-ears and then send the signal to the mixer for the rest of guys using the 1/8th inch.

I also use the peterson strobe tuner app (istrobotuner) for tuning my drums.

I checked out your app, seems cool I will definatley give it a try at least for practicing on the pad. I don't want to tell you to do anything illegal, maybe you can do something "similar", but it would be nice to have the first page or two of stick control in there. I have a laminated copy of page 1 and 2 that I keep in my backpack I use it every day for warmups.

Back