Dave Lombardo

Dyaxe

Pioneer Member
hey guy's (sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

i recently downloaded this from off of a torrent website, which took me day's to download. Basically it's a video of a clinic Dave Lombardo (fantomas, slayer, testament, grip inc.) did sometime during 2004. I uploaded it at rapidshare. Because of it's file size being over 400MB, i had to break it up into 8 parts, each being around 8 minutes each. It's really fun to watch him play drums. As some of you might know, he never went to school for drums, so he doesn't know how to read music and explain things musically. anywaise, enough with the yapping, here it is:

Part1
Part2
Part3
Part4
Part5
Part6
Part7
Part8

(just to let you guy's know, the camera is far away in the begining, but dont worry, it zooms in after awhile)

credit goes out to Blowen_b from the derek roddy forum (the person who filmed this)

Cheers!

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Dave_Lombardo.html

Last edited:
Re: Dave Lombardo - Clinic @ Feedback (Full Video)

Dyaxe said:
hey guy's (sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

i recently downloaded this from off of a torrent website, which took me day's to download. Basically it's a video of a clinic Dave Lombardo (fantomas, slayer, testament, grip inc.) did sometime during 2004. I uploaded it at rapidshare. Because of it's file size being over 400MB, i had to break it up into 8 parts, each being around 8 minutes each. It's really fun to watch him play drums. As some of you might know, he never went to school for drums, so he doesn't know how to read music and explain things musically. anywaise, enough with the yapping, here it is:

Part1
Part2
Part3
Part4
Part5
Part6
Part7
Part8

(just to let you guy's know, the camera is far away in the begining, but dont worry, it zooms in after awhile)

credit goes out to Blowen_b from the derek roddy forum (the person who filmed this)

Cheers!

Well thanks for sharing bro ! ...that was very nice & kind of you....keep things going bro !and cheers

it comes up with some stupid sharing thing. how do i watch the videos?

Big Evil said:
it comes up with some stupid sharing thing. how do i watch the videos?

scroll down to the bottom, and click free. Hopefully that works.

Seems a bit complicated - and when I finally start downloading i receive the message:

At the moment overloaded - please upgrade to premium....

....bad fishing in troubled water.

So perhabs I put up a nice Lombardo-Video these next days

Anyway thank you Dyaxe

Bernhard

I saw Dave on the MD 2000 Video This guy is a great great player. Vinnie was on that festival also Great video.

I've downloaded the first 3 parts and till now it's nice (although the filmer doesn't get it from the start), but the crowd is kinda weird

Bernhard said:
Seems a bit complicated - and when I finally start downloading i receive the message:

At the moment overloaded - please upgrade to premium....

....bad fishing in troubled water.

So perhabs I put up a nice Lombardo-Video these next days

Anyway thank you Dyaxe

Bernhard

no problem. and yes i know, its not the best host, but its the best free file hosting service i could find. i think only 1 person can download one file at a time on the free version..which kind of bites. But anywaise, if anybody know's any other host, ill gladly reuploaded it there.

@Stone Cold
lol, yea, ill definetly agree theres a few weird people in the crowd, especially the guy who asks him about a t.v. show (sally, jesse raphael or somethin lmao...speakin of..)

It says that because the videos are so large you can only download one an hour!

to pick it up again and now concrete:
what's your opinion on this guy?

for myself he has inspired me some years ago, because he never set himself boundaries for some genres. besides slayer he did the known side projects and also did some latin stuff.

If you see him play you see that he is self taugt but my intention wasn't to do one of these "he'sthebestdrummeroftheworldbecauseI'mignorantanddon'tknowanyotherdrummers-post" anyway. I like his style, seasons in the abyss, south of heaven and fantomes first lp are one of my favorites feat. lombardo. In my opinion he has done especially on the metal recordings some unusual rythm-stuff for this genre...

and also I have to give em props because he's a type of drummer who treats other drummers with respect

He's is a great inspirational drummer. Check the video http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/DaveLombardo.html
I love watching it everytime. I like what Dave does on Dittohead and Angel of Death. I really like what Dave does those two songs. It was cool seeing him on Viva La Bam. It wasn't nice when the other dude told Dave to shut up though. lol

2 words...RAW ENERGY!!!!!!!!

I've been a Lombardo fan since the first day i heard SLAYER!!!!!! back in the good old days...I like his work with Phantamos also...Talk about a strange and unusual band...Mike Patton makes some of the strangest sounds I've ever heard come out of the human body...If i was gonna start a Speed Metal Band, Dave may be my first choice...

Speedy said:
He's is a great inspirational drummer. Check the video http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/DaveLombardo.html
I love watching it everytime. I like what Dave does on Dittohead and Angel of Death. I really like what Dave does those two songs. It was cool seeing him on Viva La Bam. It wasn't nice when the other dude told Dave to shut up though. lol

FYI, it is not Dave Lombardo who is playing on the studio version of the song DittoHead but Paul Bostaph who drummed on the Divine Intervention (1994) album.

CarterB_Junkie said:
FYI, it is not Dave Lombardo who is playing on the studio version of the song DittoHead but Paul Bostaph who drummed on the Divine Intervention (1994) album.

Whoops! lol I still like it. :)

Can anyone reupload part 6??it isn't working...thnks!!!!!

You say he can't read music, so can he read tab? Because, I doubt he can remember/record all his part(s) by ear, can he?

thanks for uploading this stuff, but somehow I cant appreciate lombardo`s playing anymore, there is really nothing that special about him except the very fast double bass and some ideas, but in general his playing is too raw for me

Marilyn said:
You say he can't read music, so can he read tab? Because, I doubt he can remember/record all his part(s) by ear, can he?

he say's himself, that he's never been to school for drumming, and that he stopped taking lessons, because he was tired or learning all the rudiments (or somethin like that). he probably has some method of remembering just like a bunch of other drummers that dont know how to read music.

Yeah, I suppose that would make sense. I just thought it would be better (?) that he should try and learn the technique of reading music or tab. But I suppose whatever works for him.
The end result being: he is a great drummer!

Back