It's official!

Andy

Honorary Member
My life is unbalanced. I'm a sad sad individual who clearly needs to get out more.

But wait - I do get out, a lot, & I play a lot. Maybe I'm not that sad after all. Maybe I'm just comfortable & enjoying myself.

What brought on these thoughts you may ask?

I noticed my post count :(

Yeah it's sad, 20,003 posts and still only a platinum member...........

Wow. Congratulations. (I guess!)

That's a lot of opinion, advice and banter.
Imagine reading it all in one document - it would be enough words for a novel or a Master's degree.

That's really not a lot when you consider 25% of them are well disguised Guru ads. ;)

Ahh, there's a lot of truth in jest. Congrats Andy!

I've learned a lot from you and your 20,000 posts.

i'm completely happy with that. I'm not one for titles. Actually, resetting to zero might be cool. Too late to "do a Polly" ;)

Wow. Congratulations. (I guess!)

That's a lot of opinion, advice and banter.
Imagine reading it all in one document - it would be enough words for a novel or a Master's degree.
Several degrees of sadness ;)

What a milestone. I only have 19,973 posts to go.
Really, don't go there. It'll do you no good!

That's really not a lot when you consider 25% of them are well disguised Guru ads. ;)
I'll ensure they're less well disguised in future your mayorship ;)

I've learned a lot from you and your 20,000 posts.
Thank you :)

Andy , your posts are informative and entertaining. Don't stop them coming in.
I have thousands of posts that (truth be told), would have been better time spent practicing. Okay now I'm depressed. Grrrr...thanks a lot Andy!

Last edited:
I suggested a few years a go that Andy write a book and he said something like he was an engineer and not a writer. There is no doubt that his posts are valuable and if you come to this forum for knowledge he is definitely one to pay attention to.

Andy look at it this way, you're giving back. That justifies it for me :)

One should strive to give back in their field of endeavor.

I can't imagine, 20,000 posts. Wow.

Here I was looking at my ~ 1200 posts feeling kinda proud at that...

To 20,000 more Andy. This place wouldn't be the same without ya!

Best,
Neal

Is your post count the highest?

If not, who's is? ...just out of curiosity.

Whatever it is, keep 'em coming. I learn a lot from you as well, Andy!!

He has even surpassed the coveted "Uncle Larry" -- perhaps the MBE (Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) or at least a "Zircon Encrusted Tweezer" level creation is in order here!

Not to worry. Drummer world is lucky to have someone who knows their shit and is happy to give their informed opinion.

If each post took a minimum of 1 minute to type, that's at least 20,000 minutes ...or about 14 continuous days of your life contributing here. Thank you for those 14 days. We look forward to the next 14.

If each post took a minimum of 1 minute to type, that's at least 20,000 minutes ...or about 14 continuous days of your life contributing here. Thank you for those 14 days. We look forward to the next 14.

Andy's posts do NOT take an average of 1 minute - oh hell no!!

He probably has about 6 months of continuous typing involved in this place. - Let's go for a full year!!!

Back