Can anyone help me with info on a pearl world series kit I'm getting ready to buy

derekdrum

I found a world series kit on c-list, the guy is calling it a world studio and he says its maple. Did they ever make a maple set in that series. Also claiming a ,24in kick...did they have that size available in that series. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG957040.jpg
    IMG957040.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 4,879
  • IMG956909.jpg
    IMG956909.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,541
  • IMG951010.jpg
    IMG951010.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 2,336
That looks like a 20" or 22" kick. Usually when the word studio is on the badge, it usually means a birch shell. Nothing wrong there except it's probably not maple. But that does NOT look like a 24" kick. I don't know if Pearl made a world anything. They do have session custom (maple) and session studio (birch) though. It is an older set, so maybe they did make a "world" series. World series. Yuk yuk.

Ya, it's the World Series alright (great looking set btw). They have the old school coffin lugs. I think they were mostly 70's to early 80's and pre-Export (I think). That definitely looks like a 22" bass drum. Not so sure if they are maple. Probably mahogany/basswood/poplar type woods from Asia. But you never know...it does look like it says something else on the badge besides just World Series. World Series Studio?

Can i ask what they are selling for? I have a world series kit that i bought new and still love. They are great drums and it seems like every time i read about them, someone has regretted selling them.

The World series were a combination of birch and (a cheaper species) mahogany.

No Maple involved.

From what I recall, they were mainly offered in 22". Their might have been a 24" in some years. But I agree with the others, the picture does not look like a 24"

Still, depending on the price, it's a decent sounding kit.

I know they sound good. They sound similar to the Pearl DLX professional series drums due to shell composition. They are nice sounding drums and wouldn't be a bad pickup if the price were right! I have a set of vintage DLX drums that I've got my eye on that are running for $299 for a 10", 12" 16", 22" setup. I hope they stick around until I can get some dough to snag them.

Last edited:
Back