What are some good drum brands?

eevee17

Hi guys, quick question.

I'm looking to buy my friend a drum set sometime soon. She had a pearl before but don't ask me what kind though, drums are not my specialty. Lol. Anyways, pearls are pretty expensive and I'm kinda short on cash right now so is there any other brand out there that's pretty good, not too expensive and will last a long time?

Basically, you get what you pay for. There are a lot of brands that have a new set for less than $500. Try a Sonor Safari or something like that.

Wide open question. How big a kit? How many drums, what kind of music, how loud, only at home or for playing out? And the biggest question of all, what kind of budget?

Hi guys, quick question.

I'm looking to buy my friend a drum set sometime soon. She had a pearl before but don't ask me what kind though, drums are not my specialty. Lol. Anyways, pearls are pretty expensive and I'm kinda short on cash right now so is there any other brand out there that's pretty good, not too expensive and will last a long time?

Buying someone a drumset is not like buying someone a toaster. Chances are she knows exactly what she wants, and you might get her something that's not what she wants at all. I'm not even talking about color or brand; maybe she prefers 20" bass drums and you got her a 22". Maybe her preferred tom setup is 10-12-14 and you got 12-13-16. You also say you're short of cash. That means that you might end up gifting her a kit that's way below the one she currently has or had. Maybe there's a better gift to give her?

Buying someone a drumset is not like buying someone a toaster. Chances are she knows exactly what she wants....................

Maybe there's a better gift to give her?

+1.

Personally, I think Al has said it best. But if you must buy her a kit then for the love of god ask her, don't ask us...........she's the one that's gonna have to play the thing.

+1.

Personally, I think Al has said it best. But if you must buy her a kit then for the love of god ask her, don't ask us...........she's the one that's gonna have to play the thing.

And +1 to PFOG... maybe the best thing to do is to collect this wad of cash and gift her a shopping spree at the drum shop. Everyone wins!

The top three would probably be, in this order:

-First Act
-Peavey
-Mapex

How much do you have to spend? That would be a big factor on what you could buy your friend. (Hey, that rhymes!)

Try the Premier Olympic series. They're a great budget kit. I got mine when I was 10.. 17 years later its still going and sounding great.

What"s you budget?Do you know any other drummers besides your "friend" that can help you out.?

If I were you,I'd go to Jared instead.You can't go wrong with jeweley.:)

Steve B

Hi guys, quick question.

Those requirements are for the most part,mutually exclusive,unless you know what you're looking for and happen to get lucky at a yard sale and the seller is ignorant of drum values.

Also"too expensive " is a relative term.To a guy making 30,000 and another making 200,000...expensive means two different things.

There are no magic answers to your inquirey.But hey...you're 17 right.Life will go on.

Steve B

Hi guys, quick question.

Honestly, do her a favor. Go to the music store and get her a big gift certificate .. buying someone a drumset is like buying someone underwear ... totally a personal thing.

Back