Phil Collins has to tape stick to his hand

wow that is sad, you can kind of see it in his expression that it's killing him to not be able to play like he used to. I heard he was giving the drums up about a year ago due to back problems but this is something entirely different. wonder what causes that? I doubt he has had a bad technique for all these years.

wow that is sad, you can kind of see it in his expression that it's killing him to not be able to play like he used to. I heard he was giving the drums up about a year ago due to back problems but this is something entirely different. wonder what causes that? I doubt he has had a bad technique for all these years.

Nothing to do with bad technique at all. Apparently, the problem was caused by misaligned vertabrae in his neck. He has had surgery which corrected it, but he still has no feeling in his finger tips.

A real shame, coz' Phil's playing was a joy to watch.

YouTube told me:
This video contains content from Turner CNN, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Can US and UK people see this?

i cant see the vid either Pollyana, and im in Scotland.

however, i have seen this footage via his Facebook page studio diaries.
i seem to recall a DW discussion regarding his technique from the early days of his career onwards centering around an unusually low snare, well below his knees- there was speculation that this combined with a hunched posture may not have helped... im sure Phil himself remarked about this during the initial reports of his retirement from drumming..?

please correct me if im wrong however!

Phil's playing has been a huge inspiration to me and seeing him suffering these problems really makes me sad, and yet it's inspiring to see that he STILL isn't giving up.

Back