Favorite SIMPLE beat

My favourite simple beat is this: pocket 4/4 :)

Hmmm, got lots, but probably a lazy funky groove that you can improv around, create sub grooves, fall in & out of time, a bit like this example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSreLaCw6yY

I love this stuff.... this guy has great feel. Truly a funky drummer.

Keep em coming.... If possible, try to include a link to just the beat or at least the song. And bonus points if you include a link to YOU playing your favorite simple beat.... again, just the beat so it can really be heard and understood.

What can I say, I'm a blast-hound. Love every variety. Not many great videos of JUST blasts for me to put up, but hell you know what a blast beat is.

Yeah, cool stuff...Nice to see him break it all down.

Nice, but I thought the Funky Drummer beat was supposed to be played with continuous 16ths on the hats. Playing some eighths on the hats makes it easier to play but it sounds better to my ear with straight 16ths ... if a drummer has the speed and coordination to pull it off (I don't).

Yeah GD, Bolero is wonderful. I was introduced to it in Allegro Non Troppo. Beautiful!

Nice, but I thought the Funky Drummer beat was supposed to be played with continuous 16ths on the hats. Playing some eighths on the hats makes it easier to play but it sounds better to my ear with straight 16ths ... if a drummer has the speed and coordination to pull it off (I don't).

Yeah GD, Bolero is wonderful. I was introduced to it in Allegro Non Troppo. Beautiful!

That's a worthy goal to work towards - the 16ths on the hihats (especially at faster speeds), I have trouble with it myself so mix it up a bit - another thing to work on in 2010.

Fishnmusicn

Back