Electric drums

Tictagdrummer

I have a couple of question regarding electric drums. I’d really appreciate it if any of you guys could take some time to answer my questions. I have the Roland td17 kvx .

1) I’m really bad at describing drum sounds. For instance I need a sound kind of like Matt McGuire’s snaredrum and hihat. Do you have any tips on how to get better at describing sounds? Or any other ideas to get my td17 to sound like Matt McGuire’s drum kit.
If you could try to describe the sound of Matt McGuire’s hihat and snare so I have something to start from?

2. Also I really want to have a kit that doesn’t sound like a particular other kit but just something I like personally.
Do you guys have any suggestions on where to find sounds for different drums, cymbals and hi hats. So I have something to go from when I’m costumizing my drum module sounds?

Last question
3. I need the sounds from the right cymbal ( I think it’s the right cymbal could be a triangle) in the song ‘becking’ by ‘Dua lipa’ I also need the snare drum Sound from ‘new rules’ (I don’t know if it’s a snare but it sorta sounds like one, it’s the drum that plays the transition to set off the chorus) it’s also by dua lipa

1) I’m really bad at describing drum sounds. For instance I need a sound kind of like Matt McGuire’s snaredrum and hihat. Do you have any tips on how to get better at describing sounds? Or any other ideas to get my td17 to sound like Matt McGuire’s drum kit.
If you could try to describe the sound of Matt McGuire’s hihat and snare so I have something to start from?

2. Also I really want to have a kit that doesn’t sound like a particular other kit but just something I like personally.
Do you guys have any suggestions on where to find sounds for different drums, cymbals and hi hats. So I have something to go from when I’m costumizing my drum module sounds?

I highly suggest you use your TD-17 with a computer and a digital audio workstation. This will allow you to use virtual instruments, like Superior Drummer 3, to expand your sound palette. It can be a little difficult to set up correctly, and isn't free, but is well worth it.

There are tons of professionally sampled drums available, not just limited to Roland's module: GetGood Drums, Drumforge, Addictive Drums, Steven Slate Drums, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer, the list goes on.

Back