Andy easily amused :)

Andy

Honorary Member
Slowly getting the hang of this new tech stuff.

https://youtu.be/uxW6R9fPFHg

Ok, to be serious for a moment, I've tried numerous digital systems in recent years, & haven't got on with any of them. Too many sub menus - nothing direct to hand - poor workflow, but this new stuff from A&H has a lovely analogue feel in a very new way. It's still a learning curve for me, but I'm getting there faster than I thought I would.

It's all fun and games until the Russians hack into your mixer during a show.

LOL
That has the potential for show improvement ;)

Of course, you're only setting up a local WIFI network, no internet link, & it's easy to protect with a password, so the hacker would have to be in the venue, in possession of the relevant app, & able to bypass a password. For a band of our lack of notoriety, I can't see anyone being bothered TBH :(

That is way cool. Wow!

That is way cool. Wow!
Indeed, but it's a practical solution for us. I tried a few tablet apps - didn't like them, but this one is superb. It's bye bye multicore - desk side stage - tablet out front (eventually). We plan on running the desk out front for the first few gigs, then transitioning once we're familiar with everything & sure of reliability.

All monitor functions will be controlled using individual ME500 mixers by each player, & most desk settings will remain / on recall, so the tablet is only really concerned with minor channel adjustments + the usual basics from gig to gig.

Having control over your own sound seem like a must to me. Very cool application.
I'm looking forward to it. With the exception of larger stage gigs, I've been living in monitoring mud for years!

It was time to save my ears too. Been planning this switch for a while, but decided to press the button whilst driving home from a gig last month that was especially loud on stage.

Back