Beatles First Manager Dies at 86

It sucks for his family of course, but at this point its really reaching to fit into the "fuck 2016" motive. This is a guy that had limited association with a group who would later be famous, but at a time when they had zero relevance. And it can be argued that nothing he did really mattered in the long haul...it was Brian Epstein who started their rise. This is a guy who is only known to a select few of people who are obsessed about all aspects of The Beatles' careers, even with the minor stuff of minor importance.

Basically, he's not really a celebrity and he's a footnote in the career of others. Yes, his death is of course important to those around him, and it must be a hard time for his loved ones, but if we're going to give him a celebrity death treatment, on a drumming forum, then we're gonna have to post about a bunch of random people every day.

It'd be like if Ron McGovney died and it was posted here on drummerworld. Its pretty much the same Seven Degree of Bacon relevance.

I only post them. I don't explain them.i do feel that anyone with any connection with the group is worthy of some mention. It's fine that you disagreed

It sucks for his family of course, but at this point its really reaching to fit into the "fuck 2016" motive. This is a guy that had limited association with a group who would later be famous, but at a time when they had zero relevance. And it can be argued that nothing he did really mattered in the long haul...it was Brian Epstein who started their rise. This is a guy who is only known to a select few of people who are obsessed about all aspects of The Beatles' careers, even with the minor stuff of minor importance.

Basically, he's not really a celebrity and he's a footnote in the career of others. Yes, his death is of course important to those around him, and it must be a hard time for his loved ones, but if we're going to give him a celebrity death treatment, on a drumming forum, then we're gonna have to post about a bunch of random people every day.

It'd be like if Ron McGovney died and it was posted here on drummerworld. Its pretty much the same Seven Degree of Bacon relevance.

Wow....just "wow"..."...give him celebrity death treatment..." Really? By merely mentioning him on a drumming forum? LOL

Reading your post was like listening to Roseanne Roseannadanna, without the comic release of the "nevermind".

The guy was connected to the greatest rock band in history. Certainly worthy of mention in my book, and I appreciate Gruntersdad posting it....

Sounds like the man himself had things in perspective:

In 2010, Williams told the Liverpool Echo: "I was just glad to have been there in the 60s, at the start of it all.
"I've always been proud of The Beatles and proud and happy to have been just a small cog in the wheel of the most famous group in the world.
"A lot of people have told me 'I would have loved to have been there' and it was a lot of fun - but we didn't know we were making history.
"It was such a good time, though, and I've got no regrets - they were exciting days. But no-one knew The Beatles would go on to achieve what they did."

Back