What was the name of your first bands?

Frankie and the Spinners. Guitar, Bass, Trombone, Sax, Drums, singer

Bela, Hey! In 1968. 8th grade. Keyboard player's father, Bela Sternberg, owned Bonne Music in Syracuse, NY. He was a beautiful guy, and not just because he supplied us with things like my Speed King pedal, a blue sparkle Naugahyde-covered speaker cabinet, etc.
And didn't seem to mind the band name! (Liberal 1960s parenting, I guess. His son turned out pretty OK, though.)

Middle Earth. 1966. A trio of 8th graders plotting our stab at world domination. Yeah, we were nerds.

'amarantha', first metal band I joined. Apparently it is a flower. Not very metal, but then I had no say in that band.

'Toilet Head' is my solo/casual collaboration band name.

It's kind of a reaction to bands that take themselves too seriously. I also get a kick out of self depreciating.

Part of several go nowhere bands. The first named band was Surf Side Swingers! I think we were all about 10 years old and took the melody to Yellow submarine and came up with our own words! lol

My first real gigging band was a lounge band called Black and White - oddly enough only because of equipment, not race.

The first band that I was part of founding was called Tremor. Loved that band. Here we are circa 1979.
Blue ludwig Vistalites. 8 10 12 13 14 15 16 18 and Supra snare. Oh how I wish I had that kit today!

Attachments

• tremor.jpg
    tremor.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 56
Back