HELP !!!!!! UPS claim.

John,
Well, the main thing i think in all of this is that you were dealing with an upright seller who didn't mess around and refunded your dough! :>)

No need for you to feel that the thread may not have helped anybody. iIm sure it did in the fact that everyone who read (including those who chose not to comment), were duly warned about the very real possibility of this type of thing happening to them whether they deal with Ebay stuff or another private circumstance. Most people i find don't really think this is going to happen to them. Then, all of a sudden..... !!
The bottom line is to make sure you are thoroughly covered in a mail oriented transaction like this. Make sure the seller has got those puppies insured for their max value. If it was necessary, Ebay has that buyer protection thing in place and i understand that they are pretty much in the corner of the buyer on these transactions. I've sold on Ebay before and there was an occasion where i had a buyer that wasn't following through correctly and when i alerted Ebay to it, they kind of drug their feet on helping me, the seller.

It is a "buyer beware" world out there. We need to always keep that in mind.

Kelly

Glad to hear it worked out. I have had good luck with both Ebay and UPS. One things I can say is that the outlet who packs the stuff is usually a Franchise and they make all the difference. They have a UPS sign on the door but they are locally owned.

I am in the military and have moved many times all over the country. The company pays for professional packers to load and ship your stuff. I remember one box had a brass lamp and a glass bowl in it. They were right next to each other. The brass lamp had a big dent in it, and the glass bowl was untouched. To this day, we can not figure out how that happened, unless somebody opened the box, took out the lamp and glass bowl carefully, whacked the brass lamp with a hammer and repacked everything.

It violated the laws of physics.

Back