RRHOF, Dave Abbruzzese and Pearl Jam

opentune

Platinum Member
OK I personally can't stand the rock'n'roll hall of fame, but this is an interesting judgement and predicament.
Pearl Jam is voted in the RRHOF, but drummer Dave Abbruzzesse, an important influence during some of their early most well-known material, is cut out. He's pissed
Some of the best drumming on PJ records is in my opinion during his years. No mention of Jack Irons either, though his stint was far less in duration. Another source cites original drummer Dave Krusen is included though.
What do you think? should PJ have gone to bat for Dave?

should PJ have gone to bat for Dave?

They didn't seem to go into bat for him when he was in the band. I'm not at all surprised they haven't now.

Given they've had more drummers than Spinal Tap, it's difficult to see why some are included and others omitted, but I guess the RRHOF has never been fair to begin with.

It's a common problem with the HOF.

When Heart was inducted, they didn't take in Denny Carmassi even though he played drums on some of their biggest albums.

I know the Red Hot Chili Peppers had issues because they've had something like 17 different people in and out of the band, and the HOF only took a handful.

Yes has had dozens of line ups, and I don't think every last person is getting in.

One of Journey's founding members is getting left off their induction (he only appeared on their 1st album, but still, it was their first album).

As the story goes, when they originally inducted Van Halen, the plan was to NOT have Sammy Hagar.

So, for Abbruzzese, it's sad, but not without precedent. As for the band going to bat for him, I doubt given they threw him out of the band for silly reasons.

But I'm not sure how Pearl Jam is even getting into the HOF to begin with, but that's another matter.

First, I could not care less to be recognized by the RRAOF. Most of my favorit bands are not, and they are doing alright.

Second, insulting the institution, denigrating them and whinig like an unfulfilld spoiled brat is not going to give anyone the motivation to fight for him.

Stay humble and make your case while keeping your dignity.

Geez.

If the dopes can't even be bothered to follow their own induction rules, it's just another reason why I couldn't care less if the whole structure collapsed into Lake Erie.

Personally, I'm optimistic that we'll get another episode of the PJ Saga.

Pretty funny. Given the you-tube comments Dave A. has the most religious following of all PJ drummers. If you listen to the catalog he does stand out as most unique of all their drummers.

KISS went to bat for their non-founding members and it went nowhere. RRHOF does what they want and it appears they don't give a flying frock what anyone thinks.

Like Deep Purple without Richie Blackmore.

Bands change personnel over the years but it seems to me that all of the musicians that contributed to the success of that band whether on the recordings or live for shows be included.

The way I understand it, Dave and Eddie don't like each other. That pretty much seals the deal. Eddie Vedder is going to win that war every time. As far as the RRHOF, in my opinion, every member of the band past and present should be inducted. But then Eddie would refuse to show up, and yeah, I've heard that he's just that kind of guy.

The way I understand it, Dave and Eddie don't like each other. That pretty much seals the deal. Eddie Vedder is going to win that war every time. As far as the RRHOF, in my opinion, every member of the band past and present should be inducted. But then Eddie would refuse to show up, and yeah, I've heard that he's just that kind of guy.

You would figure that after 25 years, everyone would grow the F up. It must be nice to be able to afford a bubble.

On a side note, I love Mike's work here..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKWhiPZVcLE&t=5s

Very common and another strike against any credibility the RRHOF might have had. How fitting that the "crowning honor" in the music industry is just as morally bankrupt as all the rest of it.

But he does play a pretty good ukulele ;)

Warning: Rant starts now.

I don't give the RRHOF a second thought these days. It means absolutely nothing but adding a name to a tourist exhibit. They let in people that DON'T play rock and roll, so what good is it anyways? The RRHOF has zero credibility with me.

IMO, it really is nothing, especially now.

Rant over.

Now, get off my lawn.

as i said i don't give a hoot about rrhof either. but the intersting social experiment is how other band members act, or react, when situations like this arise amongst members, especially those who clearly played a role in advancement of the band.

Back