Things are looking up

TColumbia37

Silver Member
I'm just excited about how things are going right now, and felt the need to share it with people.

Tomorrow, I'm going in to do some recording with the Ska band, then Saturday, I have a show with the same band. I believe Sunday, I will be rehearsing/writing with them. Then Monday, I have the EP release show for my other band. Wednesday will be my first ever drum lesson, and I believe later that week, or sometime the following week, I will be doing more recording.

AND I still haven't even had the desire to smoke a cigarette since I told you guys that I quit.

I'm very excited.

That is all.

TColumbia37;1173188 Wednesday will be my first ever drum lesson I'm very excited. .[/QUOTE said:
Great news, sounds like you are very busy. All that before your first lesson, amazing!

Wow! That's amazing. It sounds like the new addiction (a good one) has taken over for the bad. A much better way to keep those hands busy :) So happy for you! Keep us informed. I'm especially interested to see what you think about lessons since you are starting them as an already experienced player. Good luck with all!

This may sound strange,but while things seem to going great in your musical undertakings,quitting smoking,and staying quit,is a great accomplishment ....in the short,and long run.

Your lungs,and the rest of your body,as well as your wallet,will also thank you.Nicely done.

Steve B

Great news on all counts - lots of exciting stuff going on for you! Very well done, and do keep us posted.

Thanks, everybody!

I will definitely be posting after my first lesson. Maybe I'll even throw one of the recordings at you girls/guys, depending on how they turn out.

Bravo!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters.

Way to go, bud! Keep it up and the returns will keep coming.

The weirdest thing happened tonight. I just finished playing our show, and a guy started complimenting myself and the overall sound. He looked very familiar, and then I came to the realization that he was the instructor that I signed up with. Or so I thought. He was a guitar instructor at the same place, and they happen to look a lot alike. Then he pointed out that my new instructor was there with him, and was standing just a few feet away. I've never met the guy until tonight, and he's never at these sorts of things.

All in all, the show went very well, and I got to meet my instructor early. I guess we can skip the 'show me what you've got' introductory part.

That should prove to be really helpful for your instructor to have seen an honest show of your skill set. Once in a lesson, especially the first one, some, I know I did, get a bit of nerves and are unable to really show the instructor your true skill level. Congrats on all the gigs, and bravo for taking lessons when all seems to be going well anyhow.

Back