How do i get this drum sound?

You need his tuning, his mics, his amp, his mixer, his EQ'ing etc. Just a very complex process. Not sure what you have but a medium tuning will get you started.

You better find out exactly what he uses and use the same sticks too and not be a millisecond off or everyone will really hate you and say that you suck. Probably throw things at you as well.

Or you could find something that you like that sounds cool and play a similar part that moves the music along and be a happy person. Make a joyful noise and all that. It's not a classical symphonic piece with a written score.

There are drums at .50 to 1.23? :)

I guess I don't hear details well. I hear percussion but nothing that that couldn't be played in a number of different ways.

It sounds like some kind of rim action (possibly vst) with reverb and it swells louder at the end.

With the surround sound system I'm listening on, out of all the music playing at the time, the percussion is way back in the mix.

That portion of the song has an EQ on the drums set to what is commonly called the telephone effect. All of the low and high frequencies are removed from the drums and the midrange is amplified. The only way you're going to replicate that sound is in a studio, live drums aren't going to get that sound. It would be possible to mic up your kit and get a blend of your live drums with the EQed sound running through a PA, but there will always be the natural sound of your drums present.

Attachments

• Telephone EQ.jpg
    Telephone EQ.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 117
Back