Inappropriate expressions of joy.

Andy

Honorary Member
Have you, or your bandmates, ever done this? You know, there's a great vibe, & you just can't help yourself. Well, here's a clip from our band practice. Ran through this simple number for the very first time, & the keyboard player was so stoked, he let it all out, lol! (2:11)

Here's the clip. Quality's sort of acceptable (Zoom Q3 160mbps) Mistakes everywhere, but hey, isn't that what practices are for? Rest of the track's reasonably cool for first time round though.

Attachments

• ZOOM0004.mp3
    6.5 MB · Views: 237
Have you, or your bandmates, ever done this? You know, there's a great vibe, & you just can't help yourself. Well, here's a clip from our band practice. Ran through this simple number for the very first time, & the keyboard player was so stoked, he let it all out, lol! (2:11)

Here's the clip. Quality's sort of acceptable (Zoom Q3 160mbps) Mistakes everywhere, but hey, isn't that what practices are for? Rest of the track's reasonably cool for first time round though.

If you hadn't told me that that wasn't supposed to be in the song, I would have never known ;) That whole recording sound pretty fantastic for being just a single mic recording of a practice session... drums were killer, of course!

hah, yeh I thought it was part of the song until I re-read where the moment was within the track.

Nice sounding toms by the way

That's a classic !!!!!!!!!

Bet if you ask him do it again next time round it just won't work quite so well

Great song, great feel, can just imagine sitting in a pub beer garden in the middle of summer with a pint and a band playing listening to that and chilling on the grass :)

Hahaha, cheers guys! I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that straight away. It really stood out for me. All good fun though, & what makes me look forward to practices. Our keys player was just so pleased we hit a good vibe first try.

:) That would have seemed a bit weird if you didn't brief us.

BTW, your new guitarist pulled off some sweet solos and your keys player is great (including his baritone Austin Powers impression) ... he's one of those rare beasts, a keyboardist who doesn't overplay.

It may be inappropriate, but I liked it, so it's less inappropriate than you might think it is!

Kudos to your keys player for being awesome like that.

Sounded great! I don't blame him for expressing it.
Those cymbals are awesome!

Sounded great! I don't blame him for expressing it.
Those cymbals are awesome!
Thanks for the comments Bob. The whole band is stoked at the moment. It's taken us a long time to get just the right guitarist in. He's nailing the existing songs, &, like this song, we seem to get a good vibe going even on a first jam of a new number. KIS's happy right now too!

Back