Pretty bad news for a gig I have tomorrow...

I have a charity gig tomorrow to raise funds for someones operation, so I've just pulled my drums down then I asked "What type of amps will be there?" and I got told 15 and 10 watts.
At the moment I only have 30 watts and a 15 watt amp so this might be abit hard...

The singer has a Line 6 POD and I have Guitar Rig on this laptop, if I put my laptoop and the POD through the PA would it sound good? Or should we just leave the gig?

I don't understand your question or dilemma.

Dennis

Tomorrow, we have a gig. It's a Charity show, and the venue has 10-15 watt amps. The venue holds 250-300 people, the amps they have will definitely not be loud enough for the gig so we're kind of panicking.
Our guitarist has a Line 6 POD and we're thinking of putting the bass through the PA.

Would this work?

You could mic the amps through the PA. or use a signal splitter & use 2 amps for 1 guitar. Not sure how well that would work though.

15 watts for a PA system?
To me that sounds more like a Guitar Amp

I didn't know they made that small of PA amp, 15 watts isn't enough to run a monitor let alone a whole PA system.

Double check to make sure they werent talking about Guitar amps.

You can run the bass directly into the PA or if the amps have a line out you could run them directly into the PA. The only problem with going direct into the board is that you won't have as much control over your tone. The Line 6 Pod yields a surprisingly good tone. I know a few gigging guitar players that just use a Pod instead of lugging an amp to a gig.

Of course you can always just mic the amps like a few others have recommended. Either way works.

No one can predict if it will sound good based on what you have told us. Watts are a measure of power, not sound quality. Are you asking if the guitar can go through the PA and sound good? The answer is probably. The main factors are mixer quality and speaker quality, The amp matters too, quality more than power. Just go and do the best you can with what is available. Make it a learning experience.

Later, if possible, get some PA gear of your own. Good luck.

Just got back from it.

I mic'd up the drums, the PA sucked so we ended up just putting mic's and the bass through it and using a friends guitar amp. For a small amp, it did a good job too!

The sound didn't suck as much once we messed around the EQ and it was our new bassists first gig. Think she enjoyed it anyways though I'm kinda meh with the band...

Our new bassist is really cool and a fellow drummer said he's thinking of starting a band and I said "I might play guitar for you..." and to be perfectly honest the guitarist/singer was like "Oh I've decided we will be famous" and I thought quietly to myself "Yeah, that's if we've not disbanded by the end of the year..."

The bass player also said to my mum that she can't wait to get some of her ideas in and my mum said "You'll have a hard chance because (name) and Chris never got anywhere with it"

So I just clarified to her that my mum is telling the truth. But she's really cool (especially for meeting her for the first time today).

Back