is this a decent deal?

a7xfire

its a tama rockstar shell/hardware kit

10, 12, 13, 14, 16, toms, 14 snare, 22 bass.

3 cymbal stands

single tama pedal, hi hat stand and throne.

all for $700.

is this decent?

my first kit was a rockstar kit. They are nice starter sets but to be honest you could find a much, much better deal. My advice would be to keep looking and you'll find something... best of luck man!

thanks man..

i currently have a swingstar kit.

8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16 toms, 10, 14 snares, 2x 22 basses. and im just looking to a better but smaller kit to gig with. that thing is a BITCH to lug back and forth..

also i am partial to Tama, i was looking at some mapex kits that are used but nothing is comparing to condition to the rockstar kit because it looks like its never even been played, not a scratch on it. idk i just was wondering what it would be worth then to you guys

thanks man..

i currently have a swingstar kit.

8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16 toms, 10, 14 snares, 2x 22 basses. and im just looking to a better but smaller kit to gig with. that thing is a BITCH to lug back and forth..

The only difference in sizes is not having the 8" tom an 10" snare on the rockstar. So you really aren't getting a smaller kit. I'd take what you have and scale it down, figuring out what you use the most as far as tom sizes and just take those, I'd also get a double bass pedal so you aren't lugging two bass drums around.

I paid $399 + tax + shipping ($449) in August for a used 4 piece Pearl Session Custom Maple kit in pretty good shape and it had a black lacquer finish.

I would say to look pretty hard on the guitarcenter.com used section because you can always find a killer deal hiding there and they really don't charge you anything for shipping. I had that four piece kit shipped to me for $20. Some people on eBay won't even ship you a cymbal for $20.

Just focus on the shells. You can buy the hardware piece by piece at a later time.

Of course I only paid for a 4 piece shell kit but if you want a 7 piece kit, then that's a different story.

its a tama rockstar shell/hardware kit

10, 12, 13, 14, 16, toms, 14 snare, 22 bass.

3 cymbal stands

single tama pedal, hi hat stand and throne.

all for $700.

is this decent?

what line the hardware is is all the difference... you already have hardware on your old kit, what do you gain from buying this new kit? Rockstars and swingstars are both intermediate level drums. I think the 5pcs are around the $4-500 on their own. You can find a better deal on used top end drums with $700 for sure.

Its a different story if its an iron cobra pedal/hat stand.

I had the 8pc rockstar shell pack for a while. They were great fr the price and the toms sound great with coated heads, the kick was too boomy for metal and the snare was nothing special either. I ended up using a kick trigger and getting the 12in portnoy snare to get the sound I wanted. Save up for a top end kit, its worth the wait.

Back