would you buy a ludwig accent drum set...

I dunno, man. You ask a question, get a resounding answer (piles of people telling you to buy the Ludwig, because plenty of awesome reasons). Then you ignore the answer you got. If you were going to ignore it, why ask it?

Then you ask about playing prog on a 4-piece jazz kit.

This does not add up to someone whose questions I'm going to take seriously ever again.

hahaha, no troll. I'm just really super decisiveness, especially when it comes to me parting with my fun tickets..
I think that you should wait until you have more to spend and buy something better.
You are looking at price point kits that you won't want to keep in the near future.
You already have a good kit, so why not just wait until you are on your feet again to buy something that you will really enjoy.

If you don't truly know what you want, don't buy anything. Exercise control at the wallet. You should really, really, really want the drums you plan on buying. Would you pursue a GF that doesn't really get your engine running? Same thing. Now is the time to research, not dropping cash. You can always do that.

Hold out for the kit you gotta have, it's worth it. If you have nothing then I'd get the 85 dollar kit, only because you can get your ideas out on that to the same degree as you could on a [insert your dream kit here] kit. And after all isn't that the real reason you play? To work out your ideas?

FWIW, I played an accent set a a blues jam years ago and I really like the tom tones I heard. Very Ludwig.

I think you know this answer already...

I say buy them, drums I don't care about are the best for gigging & new rehearsal places.

Confident I can make shitty shells passable, cymbals are my never cheat on item.

I bought an Accent bass drum that I stripped for parts. I should have kept it whole. It was an excellent sounding bass drum - very nice. Just not my size.

I'm starting to get a whiff of troll. :-/

Don't know about troll, but I'm sure there's more to the story about bearblastbeats.

Back