Limited Edition B/O Badge Acrolites for 2012/2013

It was about time, really... the old one had navigation issues and stale content

To be honest, I've never found the Acro aesthetically pleasing. The combination of bow-tie lugs and unfinished shell has always left me cold.

I know they're great sounding drums, but after having owned a 400 and 402 for years, I've always thought that buying an Acro would be much like taking out the ugly chick......right up until I saw the limited editions, that is. I really love the look of the brushed chrome bow-ties. They blend so well with the shell that it's almost enough to have me reconsider my position. I sure as hell don't need another snare, but damn they do look good.

And how good is it to see Ludwig finally do something about that unworkable website. Much easier to navigate around now. Great stuff......finally!!

Pocket, I'm the total opposite on the brushed lugs. I think it looks cheap, and it leaves me cold haha!

I want a 6.5, because as a kid I wished very much that one was available....but I sure as hell don't need another snare either hahaha!!

I have the money to buy one, I'm not going to. I'd like it, but I know it'll sit (looking good) on the shelf because of the BB's.

The Ludwig site is pretty nice now.

Karl, I just got a 10 lug, 14 x 6.5 Acro, brand new a few weeks ago. It's got the chrome Bow Ties, chrome hoops, not brushed. My Supra already covers that tone pretty well, and I'd really like to swap it for a wood snare.

Got any comparable 14 x 6.5 wood snares you want to trade for the Acro?

I got the 6.5 limited and love it I like the look of the brushed hardware over chrome, I know because I have a 5" classic Acrolite with chrome lugs and hoops and to me the brushed is way better, kind of like a battleship lol.

The Ltd Ed. is very elegant in person:

newacro.jpg

:)

Nice looking Limited Edition drums and good price point. Ludwig should be able to sell a lot of these which will likely turn out to be part of an unplanned upgrade path to a Black Beauty for many of the Acro owners.

GJS

The Ltd Ed. is very elegant in person:

newacro.jpg

:)

At first when I saw pictures of these on the net I liked the chrome more. I went the music store to buy a superphonic and they had this in a 6.5" and I fell in love with it, it looks much better in person. I played both side by side tuned the same and while I liked both snares I like the Acro more.
But yes I agree they look much better and more elegant in person.

What's the diff between acro and supra?

Not much. It's the same exact shell. Acro's have different lugs (bowties on the Acro, imperial lugs on the Supra), and no chroming on the shell. Classic Acros (not the 2012 re-issues) have only 8 lugs while all Supras have 10 lugs. So less lugs and no chrome.

I thought I read here that the insides of the Supra may be polished but not the Acro. This need to be verified though, I'm not certain of that.

The snare in Bermuda's photo appears to be levitating. It must be really good.

It's the old-style shell. The vintage gods smile and bestow upon it otherworldly physical properties such as weightlessness... it's the perfect gigging snare....

Bermuda I would love to see the rest of your CD collection, if it's like absurdly massive.

Bermuda I would love to see the rest of your CD collection, if it's like absurdly massive.

Oh man you left yourself so wide open here. Is that the new slang for man parts? CD collections?

It means whatever you want it to mean ;)

(a little self deprecation goes a long way...)

I cannot let such an easy duckshot go by lol. BTW I dig your avatar, there's something about it. For some reason, it reminds me of Stewart Copeland in hypno-glasses

Back