It's the little things

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
OK so normally I unbag my drums and nest the empty bags together.

After all this time this finally occurred to me: After I unbag the bass drum, I set the next biggest drum bag inside the bass drum bag. WITH THE DRUM STILL INSIDE THE CASE! Then I unbag it. And so on with the rest of the drums. It nests much easier that way lol!

Am I the last guy on earth to figure this out?

A good idea... if you unbag your drums in that order. I just pull the bags off the cart and unbag them, and the kick is usually last. Then I put the floppy bags inside each other however they'll fit. :)

Yes

You're just peeved at me because I said Fess's bike would mop yours up in a road race. Or a drag race. Sour grapes perhaps? Touch a nerve? :)

A good idea... if you unbag your drums in that order. I just pull the bags off the cart and unbag them, and the kick is usually last. Then I put the floppy bags inside each other however they'll fit. :)

Oh, so you're a non-OCD bag stuffer eh? Bass drum last? Wow. Do you actually put your bass drum bag into another bag? Say it ain't so!

You Rebel!

Larry I could swear you said you never had your drums in cases, you transport them as is in your van. Maybe that was your old PDP, not the beloved Guru's.

Larry I could swear you said you never had your drums in cases, you transport them as is in your van. Maybe that was your old PDP, not the beloved Guru's.

Yea, the Guru's need bags. I tried to do it without, because that's how lazy I am. They started getting scratched. So I relented.

You're just peeved at me because I said Fess's bike would mop yours up in a road race. Or a drag race. Sour grapes perhaps? Touch a nerve? :)...

Oh come one. I'd walk all over that thing - eat my dust baby!

Back to reality though - stock Harleys aren't exactly known as speed demons.
The Sportsters are a bit more lively than the dressers, and the Roadster is the sportiest of the Sportsters.
They've had their day back in the late 50's and 60's as the bike to beat though.

Not that I'd ever race though. I ride like the slow poke old man that I've become - LOL

Last edited:
OK so normally I unbag my drums and nest the empty bags together.

After all this time this finally occurred to me: After I unbag the bass drum, I set the next biggest drum bag inside the bass drum bag. WITH THE DRUM STILL INSIDE THE CASE! Then I unbag it. And so on with the rest of the drums. It nests much easier that way lol!

Am I the last guy on earth to figure this out?

No, you are not.

Yikes, why have I not figured this out previously? Tho I'm not sure the rack toms will go back into the floor tom bag while full, at least not easily enough to justify the effort. Still, I'll be trying this out this weekend.

The only actual drum bag I have is the one you gave me, so it doesn't get to nest.

Back