I've lost my balance and gained some as well?

xsarith

I was a bit reluctant to make a post about this but its getting bad/good now.

Well months ago I started working on my balance for double bassing while playing around the kit since I could only double bass while keeping time on the hats or ride. I got rather good at it and managed to reach all around the kit while doing fairly complex sticking patterns without having to lean to one side. I started to incorporate this in to the song I wrote in my band giving the song a bit more life and groove. All was going good....

Until my brother and his girlfriend got back together for about 27th time, this meant she moved in again with her baby who has a strict sleeping pattern, which happened to cross the time I'm allowed to play drums meaning I couldn't play my drums at all. Don't get me wrong I didn't mind the baby sleeping that's what they do after all, I was okay with just drumming at band practice for the time being so that way ill keep on top of my drumming. well that's what I thought....

But then the place we practiced at (A youth centre costing 50p each cause were all poor teens) closed for the summer, like it does every year. That made us forced to use the only other rehearsal studios in my city which cost £25, there's 3 of us in the band so it was £8.33 each. Like I said were all poor teens and £8.33 a week was a lot to all of us, so we had to go every 2 weekly. At this point I was like well thats about 2 and a half hours every 2 weeks, not that great but better than nothing.

Then the guitarist went on holiday for 2 and a half weeks, again I'm not complaining that he went on holiday, I would of too and he planned it months in advance. but this caused us to miss 2 practices making us have 2 practices in 2 months.

Add that to the time i spent playing at home and you get this sum.

2.5hrs(at practice one)+2.5hrs(at practice one)+0hrs(at home)=5hrs practice in 2 months

not a great deal of practice there and now Its back to normal and I cant balance while double bassing and going around the kit, well I can a bit again now I can get half way through one of my song then my balance goes for going around the kit (I found that strange too)

On the plus side, making this more weird is the fact that my single foot balance has improved a lot. I didn't use to be able to keep 16th going on one foot and go around the kit but I now can and I never practiced it.

It just really sucks that all the months I practiced getting my balance better is gone, to me it puts a downer on drumming.

Back