Really happy with our Wix website!

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
(Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Wix. I'm simply a user.)

After years of trying to find a cheap way to do a decent-looking website, our band bit the bullet, and we are doing a paid site. While it's not the fanciest or flashiest, I'll have to say that I'm pretty pleased with the ease of use. We are doing the $10 a month plan, and all you need to do is know how to type and upload a file. I think my wife put together the basics of our website in an afternoon.

Yes, this is a shameless plug for my website (I'm wanting to see how well the analytic stats work). However, at the same time it's hopefully helpful advice to you as an independent artist. I've asked multiple times various forums about "how to do a website." I think I've found my answer for now.

Anyone else on here use Wix? Are you happy with it?

https://www.thenewriverdrifters.com/

Man, it's nice to finally have a decent website.

Looks fantastic! I had a Wix website when I was a mobile DJ years ago and I believe at the time they had a free option but I might be mistaken. But I remember even then it looked very professional. Great job!

Looks fantastic! I had a Wix website when I was a mobile DJ years ago and I believe at the time they had a free option but I might be mistaken. But I remember even then it looked very professional. Great job!

Thanks! There is a free option, but it's got one of those big-and-ugly URL addresses.

Gave you a click for your metrics :)

Site looks nice - I like that if there's a pic of your kit it either includes lunch or a beverage :)

Gave you a click for your metrics :)

Site looks nice - I like that if there's a pic of your kit it either includes lunch or a beverage :)

We play Americana music, and I think we had about 4-5 gigs this past August, and almost every one of our gigs had a barbeque place catering. We played for this little private event on The New River in Warrensville, NC, and my kids literally played in the river while our band played music. Supper was low country boil, and I was in bed well before 10pm. It was a fantastic evening. Sure beats the rock and roll schedule!

Thats a great inexpensive site. No need to spend any more that what you are doing. Every thing one would want to know is there for the viewing. Tell the wife good job. And take her some flowers....

Back