Trouble with my new PDP hi-hat stand :(

shadowarrior

Hi Guys,

I picked up a PDP M5 today along with the 800 series hardware. All excited and happy till I made my first blunder :|
I was trying to adjust the height of the pedals and rotate it to a different direction so I unscrewed the two little bolts on the black plastic thing just on top of the pedal. As soon as I unscrewed them, the pedal dropped down. (Say it was at a 45 degree angle before, now it's at a 5 degree angle) The spring still works, so if I press the pedal the whole rod still has play.

I tried to pull the pedal up (by pulling the rod up) and tried to put those two screws back but the screws keep on turning..I am guessing there was something to which the screws were bolted to.

The following pictures should explain the problem in more details.

Any advice to fix the stand would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance. :)

I believe the 2 screws you loosened is what hold the spring in place. If the rod dropped down, I'd say the spring is no longer attached properly. I'm not sure how you would correct this without having it in front of me to examine.

Thanks for the reply PacifRick. I figured it out finally. Was an easy solution but I guess my brain had decided to go on hibernate mode while back :p

I was trying to catch the spring from a little opening on the lower tube..then I facepalmed my effort :|

The thought process was...if someone wants to replace the pedal/chain/spring how are they going to get to the spring? So i started dismantling the stand from the pedal..and lo-behold, couple of screws and nuts later I could push the spring up and put those smaller screws to hold it in place.

All good and working now :) Going to tune the kit tomorrow, 12.45 am now already :p

Thanks again.

Back