Another Dom Famularo thread...

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I know this gentleman has been featured here (as well as everywhere else too), but I had to post this little vidbit I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N8qI8zs6wo&feature=channel

To be honest, I knew who he was, but I've never really seen him play. I think he said it himself at one point: he's traveled the world as a clinician, and never really played with any big name artists (true?). I've heard his name, and like so many educational drummers before the age of the internet, I never went out and found them because it would take money to do so. Now, I finally get to see him play and he's just such an inspiration. He does things younger players don't do, and his youthful enthusiasm just comes through. Amazing!

Again, being here on Drummerworld has been really cool for me: I start seeing what the new generation of drummers are capable of, and more importantly, see what's being done by the people who've started it all in the last 30-40 years (basically, a little older than my generation, the people I would look up to!) Seeing people like this play their hearts out really make it hard for guys like me to become too narcissistic!

Enjoy this one!

I first saw Dom in clinic maybe 20 years ago.

It's true he's never toured with any name artist, or recorded with anyone. He just really made a name for himself as an educator, and someone you had to see in clinic.

I recall his clinic was pretty funny. He'd talked about Ringo and Buddy Rich, and then he would sit down and rip out some of the most insane double bass patterns on really crappy double pedal. And this was WAY before the extreme metal stuff was really going in, so it was a case of "what inspired you to even think of playing that?"

I've met him here and there. He's a really nice, humble, and friendly guy.

I know this gentleman has been featured here (as well as everywhere else too), but I had to post this little vidbit I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N8qI8zs6wo&feature=channel

To be honest, I knew who he was, but I've never really seen him play. I think he said it himself at one point: he's traveled the world as a clinician, and never really played with any big name artists (true?). I've heard his name, and like so many educational drummers before the age of the internet, I never went out and found them because it would take money to do so. Now, I finally get to see him play and he's just such an inspiration. He does things younger players don't do, and his youthful enthusiasm just comes through. Amazing!

Again, being here on Drummerworld has been really cool for me: I start seeing what the new generation of drummers are capable of, and more importantly, see what's being done by the people who've started it all in the last 30-40 years (basically, a little older than my generation, the people I would look up to!) Seeing people like this play their hearts out really make it hard for guys like me to become too narcissistic!

Enjoy this one!

He's great. His book, "It's Your Move" has some fantastic exercises in it. His friend, and co-author of the book, Joe Bergamini teaches in NJ and from personal experience, is a fantastic educator as well.

Look how he looses his glasses at 3:07 !!!!

Bernhard

yeah wonder if he hit his nose there ( I did that once while soloing...and then you have to play it off-ouch)

those glasses were undoubtably in the "done" Dept. after that ;-)

Back