Cymbal Polish/Cleaner?

Artemis

Hi im wondering if you guys have any idea on a good, cheap cymbal cleaner? I have seen many of the name brands like 'cymbal doctor' etc. but they all seem to be on the pricy side... and I also dont have very good access to those name brand cleaners. is there anything out there that is cheap and will get the nice shine out of my cymbals? I have just got a nice polish but it doesnt take the stick marks off. I love the shine, but i want those stick marks gone! I have tried Brasso and found that it works the best and removes the stick marks but i have also heard that it is bad for cymbals so i stopped using it. is brasso bad for cymbals? if you have any ideas I would be happy to hear them. if you have anything to recommend then I would be interested in things that are around $30 or less. thanks for any replies.

Lemons and table salt. Cut the end off the lemon, dip it in the salt, rub on the cymbals in line with the lathing, rinse off with warm water, dry with towel. The important buit is the lemon juice, so cut another slice from the face of the lemon from time to time to keep it working well. Smells great too!

I then use silicon interior car polish ( the clear stuff) to put a coating on the cymbals. Works best on non brilliant finish, but works for those too, just needs more careful rinsing and drying.,

Like Pocket said..there is a sticky thread in the cymbals section that addresses your question.No need to start a whole new thread in the general section.:)

Steve B

Groove Juice is Amazing, @ just $7/bottle, but it WILL REMOVE the black Logos (Sabian, Zildjian, Meinl, etc.) from your cymbals after a few cleanings (a few years, in my case). It's not a big deal to me tho'. I know & love my 13 cymbals so well that I don't need their logos on them. ;)

Back