Me as an endorser!

slakkia

Hi,
I build custom snare drums, and I want to give my product to endorsers!
How should I do that?
Cheers!

I don't think that you will have a problem giving away snare drums.
You should contact drummers that you are interested in on their social network sites or sites like this one.
Gear shows are also a good place to meet them.

Hi,
I build custom snare drums, and I want to give my product to endorsers!
How should I do that?
Cheers!

First were are you ? You want musicians that are well known that are exposed on an every day bases . Post photos of your snare so we can see here or send my personal photos of what you have here is my email [email protected] . I may be able to move quite a few for you.

Last edited:
Guys, I am not looking for endorsers. I just want to know the process, how to do it.
I think I can make it for free, but I guess some manufacturers pay for the endorsers to make their product popular. Am I right??

I think I can make it for free, but I guess some manufacturers pay for the endorsers to make their product popular. Am I right??

Some do, but that's rare. Most endorsers "only" get discounts. The top players get a certain amount of free gear, and only the absolute elite (from a marketing perspective) get virtually unlimited amounts of gear, along with custom stuff and various other things.

As for finding artists, it's all about marketing. Seek out drummers that will be able to showcase your drums the way you want them showcased. Make sure they're active so that they can give you maximum exposure to your target market, either through online social networks and forums, or through being an active gigging or recording drummer.

Endorsements are a two way deal: The company gets their product marketed to a large audience and the artist gets the support of the company, both in terms of gear and other benefits.

Startup companies seem to have great success finding new artists on YouTube these days. If you can find a YouTube drummer who gets a large amount of views and traffic, you will have massive exposure to a huge drumming community if you can get them to use and advertise your gear.

Sorry if I mixed up the terms endorser and endorsee. Like most others, I can never seem to remember which is which.

I think this should be way on the bottom of your list. Anyone who is worth having to you will be a big to legendary name that will help get your company off the ground, In order for that to happen there are services you will need to offer like having gear in various parts of the world that they can borrow while on tour or recording. I find this will be a great deal of expense for you and may not balance out the sales this may bring you. My suggestion is start from the ground and build your core clientele by being known as a company who builds a quality product with its own niche.

If you are interested in simply giving a bit of your gear to a few key names, that I can see being slightly beneficial at your stage of the game.You can get some feed back that is hopefully positive. As well, they may just use your piece in a key promotional performance.

This can be done by contacting management companies or these individuals on the internet. Many pros have their own website, FB page and even hang out here.

Good luck!

Well if I were you I think I would start more locally and expand from there. I think it would be harder to compete if you are trying to go directly to really big name players. Find either some of the most popular local bands or some bands who are signed to small labels but still play nationally. Obviously if you are giving them a free snare drum most guys will take it. But that is not enough, you need them to market for you. So after you contact these drummers, I would give them a snare to try for a week or so, let them play a show with it, then they can come back and give feedback to you. If they don't care for it, then you get some good feedback on your product from a working drummer and its no cost to you. If they do like it then I might write up a contract sort of thing stating that you will give them the snare drum for free and will require them to play it for x amount of time, and to promote it whenever possible meaning any questions from fans on their gear, any interviews they may get they will always mention your snare. You need to think of it this way, you are not giving your snare away for free, you are using it as a marketing tool and you just hired this guy to promote your product, and you are paying him with a snare drum. Do some research on these "smaller" signed bands, see how many hits their website gets, how often they do gigs, if they are getting top billing, how many song plays their myspace has. Have them stick a link to your website on their band website.

Oh and where is your website? first thing would definitely be to provide a link on here

You want to earn a living building drums? Good luck with that. You are better off practicing this phrase-----" would you like fries with that burger sir?"

you owe me a keyboard. I laughed so hard it made my gut hurt.

OP, get your umbrella out, cause its raining truthbombs

F

Guys, I am not looking for endorsers. I just want to know the process, how to do it.

Slakkia
As a former endorse for companys like Valje , Latin Precussion and a few other during my years in the business , which today I am retired from .
1) You have to draw up a contract with the endorse that states he will use your instrument for a term in which you agree on all his or hers performance.
2) Your cost is advertising the product the musician's is to demonstrate the instrument were ever he goes for term agreed .
3) No manufacture pays for musician for endorsements other than the company make a model with the endorse name on the product then you pay what is called royalty's. . Example LP pays from 35 cents to $35.00 dollar per item sold if it has name of the endorse on the product and the endorser is high profile.other wise they get Nothing other than a set of drums first time around any thing after they must buy at a discount.

Back