Ddrums

Shadowvic

Brand new member here looking for advice :p

Okay I've had a 5-piece Yamaha kit for about 7 yrs now.
I went to a local music store and fell in love with a Ddrum set that is on sale (From $1600 To $988).
But idk if to stick with my kit cuz I've read good and bad reviews about Ddrum kits..and makes me have doubts
So my question is, are Ddrums kits good?

I have a 3 piece ddrum dios maple kit that I picked up on Ebay new for like $450 or so. It was my main gigging set until I picked up a set of ludwig classic maples recently.

The dios drums sound pretty decent for an intermediate level kit. When mic'd, I find the toms to sound a little "tubey." The kick drum sounds pretty punchy and deep. Its a 20x20 and I would categorize its playing feel as being slightly sloppy. When you play the 20x20 it kind of feels the same as if you were playing a 24x16 or 24x18.

All in all, the kit sounds good. Given the choice between my ludwig CMs and the dios, I would definitely choose the CMs, but the ddrum dios kit is a wonderful kit for what I paid for it.

I would watch Ebay/Craigslist for a while. There is a full ddrum dios kit selling for $750 right now on Ebay and I know that 3 piece configurations pop up on ebay for around $400-$500 occasionally. That is, if 3 piece is your desired setup.

I have a 3 piece ddrum dios maple kit that I picked up on Ebay new for like $450 or so. It was my main gigging set until I picked up a set of ludwig classic maples recently.

The dios drums sound pretty decent for an intermediate level kit. When mic'd, I find the toms to sound a little "tubey." The kick drum sounds pretty punchy and deep. Its a 20x20 and I would categorize its playing feel as being slightly sloppy. When you play the 20x20 it kind of feels the same as if you were playing a 24x16 or 24x18.

All in all, the kit sounds good. Given the choice between my ludwig CMs and the dios, I would definitely choose the CMs, but the ddrum dios kit is a wonderful kit for what I paid for it.

I would watch Ebay/Craigslist for a while. There is a full ddrum dios kit selling for $750 right now on Ebay and I know that 3 piece configurations pop up on ebay for around $400-$500 occasionally. That is, if 3 piece is your desired setup.

Hmm, thanks for the info.
and this set that I liked is a 5-piece :p
I'll see what I can do, thx again.
Idk why i didnt think of Ebay lol

Most drummer forums you visit these days have at least a few members that sell new drums,and most of these guys say that DDrum has the worst quality control of any entry/intermeadiate level drums.Remember...DDrum really does not make pro level drums and they have only been making acoustic drums for a short time.I would stay clear .

Steve B

Back