Tico Torres

IAN - W -

Rebel
Tico Torres - " The Hitman", is a charismatic person and the original drummer with an strong musical background (Jazz, R&B, Rock, Latin) styles, for the band Bon Jovi. He fits and plays precisely for every song. Besides, the man really enjoys life.

Comments?

Attachments

• Tico Torres.jpg
    Tico Torres.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 11,417
  • torres1.jpg
    torres1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 17,918
I really like his style, even though I don't dig Bon Jovi's stuff after New Jersey. I saw them live about 10 years ago and Tico had a ton of energy. Fun show, slamming drummer.

I agree their greatest performance were in Bon Jovi, 7800 Fahrenheit degrees, Slippery When Wet and New Jersey albums. But We must understand that bands, have to move on and evolve.

I saw a video - Stairway To Heaven / Highway To Hell - performed at Russia, with other many bands including Bon Jovi. They performed "The Boys Are Back In Town" taken from Thin Lizzy and Tico was extraordinary! He also played in conjunction with Jason Bonham - Moby Dick drum solo and they ruled the show.

Last edited:
I don't really like Bon Jovi but Tico Torres is a good drummer and i respect him as a musician. I actually have his paiste signature heavy 14" high hats and pearl high hat stand. And when i say "his" i mean his actual cymbals. I have a good friend who's grandparents knew Tico, and for some reason or another he was getting rid some of his cymbals. So my friend and his grandparents stopped by and picked them up. But my friend already had a zildjian cymbal set up and the cymbals he got from Tico (a paiste crash and china along with the highhats,but i think they were from a series that became discontinued) were just sitting in his closet. It just so happened i was looking to buy new hats so he just gave them to me. So it's pretty funny how it all worked out. I never thought id be using Tico's top-of-the-line high hats. They're signed and everything. I guess i'm a pretty lucky guy.

You bet, mate. You are a lucky devil or maybe more!....:)

I don't really like Bon Jovi but Tico Torres is a good drummer and i respect him as a musician. I actually have his paiste signature heavy 14" high hats and pearl high hat stand. And when i say "his" i mean his actual cymbals. I have a good friend who's grandparents knew Tico, and for some reason or another he was getting rid some of his cymbals. So my friend and his grandparents stopped by and picked them up. But my friend already had a zildjian cymbal set up and the cymbals he got from Tico (a paiste crash and china along with the highhats,but i think they were from a series that became discontinued) were just sitting in his closet. It just so happened i was looking to buy new hats so he just gave them to me. So it's pretty funny how it all worked out. I never thought id be using Tico's top-of-the-line high hats. They're signed and everything. I guess i'm a pretty lucky guy.

Congratulations to Torres (and the band) on induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year!

Back