£250, what should I buy?

L

lewisn27

I got £320 for christmas, £70 i will spend on drum heads for sure.
That leaves me with £250 to get some drum stuff. They are also having a sale at one of the drum shops near me. Here is a link, http://www.newcastledrum.co.uk/valuedeals/new-year.html I have my eye in that K custom special dry crash
Options:
A new snare
Hi hat stand (the practical option)
New crash
New hats

I have no idea what to get and that money is burning a hole in my pocket.
thanks

Why not save it?

If you can't think of anything you need maybe thats a sign you should save. Saying that, you could add some drumming workbooks or DVDs to that list.

And it also depends on, do you really need another snare or crash cymbal, or are you satisfied with your current ones..

Why not save it?

If you can't think of anything you need maybe thats a sign you should save. Saying that, you could add some drumming workbooks or DVDs to that list.

And it also depends on, do you really need another snare or crash cymbal, or are you satisfied with your current ones..
Yes i do need another snare, it is terrible and unrelliable.
I only have one crash and have been wanting a second crash for a while.
What I could do is spend £70 or £80 on a hi hat stand a save the rest.
Thanks emergency!!

I would say don't buy something to replace something. Buy something you need on your kit that will help your playing. Examples: A smoother pedal, a better high hat stand. a better throne. Just basic stuff that will really help your playing out because of better quality.

Joe

I would say don't buy something to replace something. Buy something you need on your kit that will help your playing. Examples: A smoother pedal, a better high hat stand. a better throne. Just basic stuff that will really help your playing out because of better quality.

Joe

yeh i agree either save up for something much bigger and better or spend the money on something that will improve your kit and help your playing...

Tris

Joe

Yeah, I need a new throne, the one I have sqeaks like hell and it is not very comfy.
I have an iron cobra power glide, I got it for £65, bargian hahaha.
But im definetly getting a new hi hat stand.

Why don't you get some lessons from a really good teacher in your area? Or maybe not even in your area - somebody you don't usually have lessons with. E-mail/ask around at shows to see if you can get some one-off lessons with some working professionals. That stuff is gold, and you can't really put a price on good tuition.

Lloyd.

Ok..... I bought the drumheads and my hi hats stand (emperors batter, ambassadors reso, pearl H820) I got all of that for £85.
Here is the main event... lol..... I bought sabian hh 13" regular hats for £120 off ebay. It was a deal I just could not pass up. I still have money left which im going to save.
Can't wait.

Back