Can u buy drum wrap from DW?

Does DW actually wrap anything anymore, or do they use lacquer for everything now?

Either way, just about everyone uses the same Delmar-type wrap. Just find a company that sells it and order from that company. I've heard these guys do good work (I'm not affiliated with them in any way).

https://precisiondrum.com/

With that said, I don't know what formula DW uses for their broken glass finishes, but it is definitely different from anything else I've ever seen on another drum.

You can get the wraps (most of them) that DW uses from companies such as Jammin' Sam too - https://www.jamminsam.com/drum-wraps/

The broken glass wraps have either a white or black backing (from Delmar). The black backing gives the over all color a darker tone. When I was looking at re-wrapping a kit in Green Glass Glitter, Sam sent me samples of the GGG wrap w/ the 2 diff't backings. What he calls the "dark" GGG has the black backing and is exactly the same as DW's. I ended up ordering a new kit from DW in GGG and and the wrap matches Sam's dark GGG.

The broken glass wraps have either a white or black backing (from Delmar). The black backing gives the over all color a darker tone. When I was looking at re-wrapping a kit in Green Glass Glitter, Sam sent me samples of the GGG wrap w/ the 2 diff't backings. What he calls the "dark" GGG has the black backing and is exactly the same as DW's. I ended up ordering a new kit from DW in GGG and and the wrap matches Sam's dark GGG.

They sent me a broken glass finish and it didn't look that great (well, not as good as the DW wrap); however, I think it may have had the light backing one. Do you have pics of your kit wrapped with dark GGG? Also, do you mind PM'ing me the cost and the amount of pieces you wrapped? Thanks!

They sent me a broken glass finish and it didn't look that great (well, not as good as the DW wrap); however, I think it may have had the light backing one. Do you have pics of your kit wrapped with dark GGG? Also, do you mind PM'ing me the cost and the amount of pieces you wrapped? Thanks!

I think I confused the issue. My kit is direct from DW, not rewrapped. I still have the other kit that I was going to rewrap. I haven't decided what to do w/ that kit. Thus, I don't have any prices to share, otherwise I would. I'm seriously considering a custom paint job on it.

What DW calls Green Glass Glitter is what Sam calls Deep Green Glass Glitter (sorry, I originally said "dark."). - https://www.jamminsam.com/deep-green-glass-glitter-on-drums/

Here are pics of my DW-factory wrapped kit in different lighting. This kit is 1 year old as of 2 weeks ago other than the 8" tom which is actually 3 years old. And yes, I did originally put the gold badges from my old kit on the new kit but switched to the current badge a few months ago.

24862206_10154810012946595_8702777330334161573_n.jpg

19959395_10154455477936595_6780265468642458154_n.jpg

37234982_10213794214303440_4399728158304108544_o.jpg

35236136_10213662359967164_7159053086147739648_o.jpg

Back