The Drum Shed

deltdrum

A while back I recieved complaints by my neighbors about my loud playing (my neighbor is a surgeon and sleeps during the day). In response, I built a soundproofed 9x9ft shed. I posted on here (or was it onlinedrummer) when I first got it finished, and asked what kind of recording sound I should expect to get out of it.

I just got a new band together and recorded a demo using a cheap mixer, Audacity, and a cheap condenser mic. I posted a picture looking in, and then take 1 of a jam we've been working on. We're just a 2 piece band though, so I don't know how this would turn out for anything louder.

Attachments

• drum room 1.jpg
    drum room 1.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 548
  • tHE THINNg (1).mp3
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
I should also mention that we didn't really play around with microphone location all that much (again, first take). If you have any decent equipment, you could definitely get a great, and very unique raw sound.

The picture is kind of an illusion. You're literally face to face with whoever you're jamming with. It sounds better because none of the walls are actually connected. My dad actually did some research for me and found a way to have continuous insulation (instead of bunching it up in each section of the frame).

But the room is actually very small. And SO loud!

Back